Tuesday 29 October 2013

DIY Cheap Makeup Storage

Hey everyone! 
Hope you're all SUPER :) 
Makeup-1
This week I thought I'd share with you my own DIY CHEAP make-up storage solution...
images
I'm not a make-up artist but I am a total girly girl with lots of make-up... recently I came to the realization that it was taking over my room, it made the room look messy and cluttered, I didn't know where anything was and kept buying more of what I already had (not realising I had it due to being unorganised!) and something needed to be done about it!
organised
Now there are all sorts of fancy-smancy make-up boxes that you can get out there.. however they can be fairly expensive if you're looking for a large one... and sure what's the point in having one at all if it's not big enough to fit everything in.. ONE FOR ALL! :)
too-much-crap1
I love horses and I used to be really involved in pony club when I was younger. In pony club everyone used Tool Boxes as a tack box for their grooming brushes... it was the done thing!
p-1274
I was in Aldi the other day food shopping and for me the best thing about Aldi or indeed Lidl is looking at all the random bargains that they have -you never know what you'll find there from outdoor running gear to gardening equipment etc.. it's completely random!
Aldi Sign on Pole
I spotted a large tool box which retailed for just €14.99... the cheapest makeup box I had seen elsewhere was €50 and it was tiny! I suddenly remembered how I used to keep all the horses brushes in a tool box and I decided it would make the perfect make-up storage box so I picked it up! I'm not going to be in Ireland for very long as I plan on getting back to the states soon and I won't be bringing any make-up box with me so especially for the time being this suited me perfectly! however with a little home-deco of your own I reckon you could have a fab make-up box made from this cheap purse friendly tool box! after all for a "girly girl" make-up and make-up brushes are our tools! LOL :P
tools_101_350x263
At first glance it's not the most attractive storage for make-up... I mean the standard black and yellow "handy-man" colours! but if you were creative you could definitely PIMP it out and even paint it! or cover it in decorative book covers, wallpaper, magazine cutouts or pictures! or indeed you don't have to get the Aldi one-you could always look around and see if you could find a colour that suited you: if you didn't feel like doing your own home-deco job on it :P
1375878_662213173802321_1302443723_n
What I like the most about this storage box is that it's not just deep and empty with no organisation-you have 4 compartments/containers on the top, a shelf inside which is divided into different sections and then a deep bottom to fit any extra and larger things... if you didn't have as much make-up as me you could put your hair stuff in the bottom-curling iron, straightener etc.. and use the top for your make-up!
1380356_662213200468985_879383638_n
As you can see from the above picture the top of the box has 4 different compartments! the two side ones are divided into 9 sections and then the two middle are smaller long compartments.
side compartment sectioned into 9!
side compartment sectioned into 9!

middle compartment

Another plus is that each of these plastic containers are completely removable!! HOW HANDY!!
1375878_662213250468980_159991607_n
Inside the tollbox there is a tray at the top which is also removable!
1394451_662213293802309_562647852_n

It's great that the tray is also sectioned because it means you can organise your brushes etc.. and keep a track of where everything is kept!
Inside is just a large deep empty space-you can use this as you like. I have lots of make-up so I put my make-up in here in bowls... but you could also put hair stuff or something else in the bottom section.
If you are keeping make-up in the bottom section I would suggest sectioning it better than I did and perhaps keeping everything in lunch boxes or something similar! bowls aren't ideal if you're going to be moving the box around however I'm probably going to be keeping mine in my room so it suites me fine!
Oh by the way you can also get toolboxes with wheels if you are a MUA who travels with their make-up!
1375868_662213320468973_2053846135_n








Here are some images of my new make-up box complete with my make-up :)
999998_662213447135627_2118043665_n
In the top side compartments I keep all my eye shadows, as well as some smaller things like concealer, a sharpener etc...
In one of the middle side compartments I keep all my eyeliners and in the other I keep all of my lip liners and lipglosses.
Inside the make-up box...
67949_662213423802296_1597052804_n
(lol-the state of my NAKED palette-you can tell I get a lot of use out of it!haha)
In the tray at the top I keep all of my brushes (they're under the two palettes), eyelashes and makeup I use most often and a little see-through travel make-up bag containing the essentials-I keep it packed so it's ready to go and I'll just throw in my bag if I'm going somewhere!
1377458_662213370468968_1041718492_n
The bottom section of the box has all my extra bits and pieces-lip sticks, eye shadows, foundations, powders etc... and anything that I don't use on a day to day basis.
999555_662213463802292_437094716_n
So that's it! My DIY cheap makeup storage solution!
I stuck two butterflies on the handles of mine but I'd encourage you to be as creative as your heart desires and go mad! It's a little bit of laziness plus the fact that I won't be in the country for very long and I can't bring it with me that has stopped me from putting my own decorative stamp on mine :)
Get yours in Aldi now while stocks last!! or raid your local hardware store!
In other news:
I am thrilled to say that I came 2nd in the Hot100 Sexiest Irish Women! and I just want to say Thank you SO much to everyone who supported me-I'm pretty shocked considering I genuinely never expected to even be included in the TOP100 to begin with, I was over the moon when I was and then it kept getting better and better with Top75, Top50, Top25, Top10, Top5 and then ultimately to place 2nd! Obviously getting so close yet so far does make me a little bit gutted because I would have whole heartedly loved to have had the opportunity to donate that kind of money (€2,000) to ACT for Meningitis which was my chosen charity..but never the less if you told me at the beginning I'd come 2nd and ahead of some of the country's most familiar and beautiful women I never would have believed you! and as a reader of @sosueme.ie I'm really happy for suzanne the over all winner and I'm sure any charity she chooses will of course be extremely deserving!x
Here's a picture from a shoot I did in Los Anegels to celebrate!x! It was taken on the roof top of a building in Burbank, California! look at that SHAMAZING sunset!x!
1378341_10202163283913737_1407632331_n

Also my episode of the Bicycle Diaries is over 10,000 views now which aint so shabby ;) Give it a watch below!

Oh and my facebook page reached another mile stone of 8,000 LIKES! thanks so much to everyone who follows and likes the page and if you don't please click here and give a like because I'm going to be holding a huge competition for 10k!!
Thanks for stopping by! 
Lots of Love, 
Shahira Xo
logo2
f your company would like a review or specific blog-post on a product, treatment, service or any other item to appear on www.shahirabarry.com email info@shahirabarry.com with the details.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig