Tuesday 29 October 2013

Product Review - Just 5 Minutes teeth whitener

Hey Blog Readers! 
Happy Friday!x!
Today I'm just going to do a quick product review on two products that I picked up this week.... One is a hit and one is a total MISS! SO keep reading to find out which of the two is worth your cash and which you should pass!
images
The first product I tested was the Sally Hanson Insta Gel Starter Kit...
images (1)
This product retailed for $30 which is around €25... Maybe my expectations were a bit too high because I was totally taken in by the packaging... it seemed very professional.. you even got a mini-LED light and I genuinely thought this kit was the answer to all my nail problems!
sally-hansen-insta-gel-strips-starter-kit-contents-2
The Kit comes with the gel strips in a chosen colour, a nail buffer and file, a led lamp and adaptor, wipes, instructions and gel... Hopes were mounting!
Now it could be said that I did something wrong and it was my fault that the results weren't as expected & I will admit that I am a cluts with nails and have little patience but on this occasion I took my time and spent about 45mins doing my nails.. trying my best to do them correctly!
At first I was delighted with the results....
hgjh
...My nails were, hard, smooth and looked great!
However I later jumped into the shower and one of the nails came straight off... I blamed this on myself and fixed the problem... That night I was going to the cinema and as everyone knows the cinema hardly puts that much ware and tare on your nails but by the time I got home my nails looked like this....
chipped nails
I was really annoyed that no.1 I wasted my time trying to do everything right and put them on correctly! and no.2 that I spent any money at all on this awful kit! The strips literally pealed straight off one by one while chips began to occur on the others!
It was an extremely disappointing result for me and I would not recommend investing in this product any time soon!
As you may guess because the gel starter kit was a miss my next product is a hit!
photo
This is the Plus White 5Minute Premier Speed Whitening Gel for your teeth and it retails for $13 which is under €10!
I first heard about this Gel from one of my favourite YouTube guru's Kandee Johnson!

It is a teeth whitening gel that doesn't harm your enamel or teeth yet only takes 5Minutes! For me this is so handy because it's not always comfortable to have teeth whitener on so with this gel you can pop it on... do something else for 5minutes and then come back, brush it off quickly and go on with your day... if you're in a rush but want a quick pick-me-up for your teeth it's a great solution because you can use it when you're getting ready!
tumblr_lxhx7aCDST1r4k94s
I also like that there are two ways you can use the gel:
1) with a teeth mould/mouth gaurd.
2) with your tooth brush!
SO if you don't have a mould for your teeth you can still use this product!
My teeth were white anyway as I had them professional whitened with BrighterSmile Teeth Whitening - You can ready my blog on that treatment by clicking here!
However I have been away a month now and I just wanted a 'pick me up' teeth whitener for when I go to events etc... and this one is the perfect product for that purpose!
Before

after... 

My teeth were significantly whiter after one use! It is recommended that you use this product twice a day for 10days if you haven't whitened your teeth before but because I had I simply wanted to spruce them up and I used this product once for five minutes and then took this picture!
Watch Kandee Johnson's YouTube video on the Plus White 5Minute gel :) She has over 1.5Million views on it soooo this gel must be good right ;)

So there you have it the Plus White 5Minute Gel is a HIT while the Sally Hansen Gel Starter Kit is a MISS! 
 Catch up...
1017397_608049239218715_749267442_n
Yesterday was my first time celebrating the 4th of July EVER! (we don't really celebrate it in Ireland) sooo I was delighted to be in America for the celebrations and not only that but to be at the Playboy Mansion where there was a spectacular fire work display! It's really surreal to me that on the 4th of July last year I booked my flight to come to America for the first time.... Now I am back and living here for the summer, having the time of my life and there is nowhere that I would have rather been yesterday-I had a fantastic day!x
hefandcrystal
I was also invited to Paris Hilton's 4th of July Party in Malibu with Calvin Harris DJing... I was hoping that I would be able to make both parties (4th of July parties tend to be day time things) but the PB.mansion party went on a lot longer than I had expected and I didn't want to leave without seeing the fire work display! Which meant I had to miss the Malibu party-I was a bit gutted but I guess it was a long shot that I could make two parties on at the same time in different locations! Hopefully there will be more fun stuff coming up!x
1044944_557964850909619_2071411536_n
I've started using Instagram Video... follow me @ShahiraBarry ;)  
Hope everyone had a great 4th of July wherever you were! and Have a lovely weekend! 
Thanks for popping by! 
Lots of Love, 
Shahira Xo
logo2
If your company would like a review or specific blog-post on a product, treatment, service or any other item to appear on www.shahirabarry.com email info@shahirabarry.com with the details.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig