Tuesday 29 October 2013

Funky DIY 3D Nails!

Hey Blog Readers :) 
As you know I love to share products, that I've been impressed with, here on my blog for everyone who stops by for a read! So for this post I wanted to tell you all about my new love for caviar nails! (in other words '3D nails'!) these things are Friggin'Awesome!x
images (1)

JUST LOOK HOW COOL THESE NAILS ARE!!WOW-WEE!
Everyone also knows that I love a bargain (who doesn't??)..So when I found out good old'Primark/Penneys were stocking their own 3D manicure sets for just €3.50 I was dying to give them a go!
Let it be said that I am the world's biggest CLUTS with nails!!-It's where I fall short of being a "girly-girl" lol!: In every other way from fashion to make-up I am your typical girly-girl but when it comes to my nails I am pathetic! ha, I have no patience for them at all and they always end-up looking like a sticky mess! So granted I wasn't too sure how this 3D nail art would turnout but as I was bored and staying in on the bank holiday weekend I decided to give it a go!
The Primark version is called "Embellish 3D Manicure"!
There are a variety of different colours to choose from but I decided to go for the pink and silver set!
download (1)
They are very simple and self-explanatory: a set comes with a nail varnish (In my case silver), a small funnel and the little beads.
download (2)
What do I do??
download
-First you Paint your nails with the nail polish (You need at least two coats).
-While the nail polish is still wet and tacky you simply pour the beads on to the nail! -I used the plastic container that the set came in to place my nail over and catch any loose beads that fell during application.
-To fill in any blank spots on the nail with beads I simple dipped my nail into the container of loose beads which had fallen.
-Gently press the beads into place.
-Funnel the excess beads back into their container.
-Wait 15-20mins (this is the hard part ZzZ! I'd suggest watching some Tv to help the time pass!)
-VOLA! -Be AMAZED by your new super-funky nails! :)
My Nails:
Photo 03-05-2013 21 59 34
^Above^ first layer: silver nail polish!
Result:
Photo 03-05-2013 22 26 20
This was my first go so they weren't 100% perfect but I was delighted with the outcome! These are definitely statement nails for a special occasion! and I had so many beads left!-meaning one packet would last you a really long time!
There are so many different ways to rock this trend:
-You can do all your nails as I did!
-You can do one/two nails and paint the other nails with funky colours as seen below:
how-to-do-caviar-nails.WidePlayer
Or do one nail and keep the others simple:
images (2)
-Or if you collected a number of different kits in different colours (and lets face it a €3.50 you could!) You could funk up all your nails in different colours!
images
I was pleasantly surprised (considering I am a nail cluts!) at how great mine turned out! and I will definitely be sporting this trend throughout the summer and in the future! :)
Let me know if you try these out! 
Say hello to 3D nails! 
Lots of Love, 
Shahira Xo
logo2
If your company would like a review or specific blog-post on a product, treatment, service or any other item to appear on www.shahirabarry.com email info@shahirabarry.com with the details. 
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig