Tuesday 29 October 2013

What I wore – Yellow Dress & UPDATE

Hey Blog Readers! 
Firstly a quick up-date I know I said I was going to be blogging every Wednesday but I have decided to move this to FRIDAY's! This is because I think it's better to round-up the week and chat about what I've been up to on a Friday rather than mid-week :) SO EVERY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY! there will be a new blog post on here shahirabarry.com :) 
images
Now for a "What I wore" post! Last night I attended the Mob Masquerade Ball in Karma nightclub in Galway. I'd been invited to attend as a vip guest and all proceeds raised on the night were going to Console-Which is a charity that works to prevent suicide. I feel like we have a big problem with suicide here in Ireland and especially with a lot of young people taking their own lives so console is a great charity that is unfortunately very much needed.
Sadly we live in a world that is often very cruel and people can feel very lonely or as if they can't escape from their problems-I urge anyone feeling this way to find someone you can talk to and express your feelings because as they say "A problem shared is a problem halved"! Try to remain hopeful that things will always get better-because they have to! Nothing stays the same forever: and EVERYBODY has good times and bad times. Surround yourself with positive people but also know that the only person you really need is yourself-Be your own best-friend and look after yourself!
download (6)
I saw this young man called Donal Walsh on the Saturday night show recently. He is 16 and dying of cancer: He said that he wanted to reach out to people who may be feeling suicidal to change their minds: his point was that there will always be another answer and suicide should never be a permanent solution to a temporary problem. He is fighting for his life and would do anything to survive: he says that he truly appreciates life, the simple things and the beauty in nature and asks others to do the same and to live life! I was so touched by his interview that it put me in tears and I hope his message has moved a lot of people just like it did me.
To watch Donal's interview click here! 
I was happy to go a long and support the charity last night and I had a great night with some lovely people! :)
Here's what I wore! 
533967_522330921139679_1595029010_n
  • My shoes are actually red-soled (even though you can't tell in these pictures) Louboutin inspired black patent platforms from Sara.
download (7)

  • The tan I was wearing was Coco-brown: I ran out of tan so popped to the local chemist and it caught my eye because of it's 1 hour development time. I was pretty impressed with it and it doesn't break the bank aprox. €7.50/8.00 
images (2)
  • My clutch is from www.Playbling.com or www.dsstyles.com and is my favourite accessory! I even did a YouTue video on it :) You can watch it by clicking here!  It is a silver/grey colour and made of genuine swarovski crystals!-It's super SPARKLY! 
download (8)

  • My dress is from Queen Bee Couture which is a fab online boutique in the Midlands! Your one stop-shop for that 'wow-dress': they have some amazing pieces and I was over the moon with the dress I got! They offer fabulous fashion at fabulous prices! As you can see my dress is bright yellow (it can be hard to find a nice dress in this colour), bodycon and has a low cut back: showing a bit of back always gives some umph :) This dress retails for €120. To check out the Queen Bee Couture facebook CLICK HERE!  They have just launched the store this year and they post WORLDWIDE! so make sure you check them out! :) 
me
  • My earrings were by Crystal and Co. And Cheryl Cole has rocked this style also ;)
closeup       download (10) download (11)

Makeup and Hair:
I just did my own make-up and hair. I went for a smokey eye with double winged eye-liner flick and a pink/brown lip keeping the skin fresh. For my hair I parted at the side and did a roll pulling back part of my hair and clipped in place.
collage
That's it for this week's blog! Make sure to check out Queen Bee Couture! and send me pics if you pick-up a dress: I'd love to see them! Also remember from now on my blog posts are on FRIDAYS!! So check back on FRIDAY :) 
download (4)

Lots of Love, 
Shahira Xo
logo
If your company would like a review or specific blog-post on a product, treatment, service or any other item to appear on www.shahirabarry.com email info@shahirabarry.com with the details. 
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig