Tuesday 29 October 2013

E.L.F makeup Tutorial & Catch up with me :)

Hey Blog Readers! 
images
I did plan on doing this second part of my E.L.F cosmetics blog last Saturday however when I explain a little later in the "catch up with me" section just how busy I have been I'm sure you'll understand it was impossible for me to get it done last week! SO here it is...
Last Friday I blogged about my new love for the EXTREMELY CHEAP E.L.F cosmetics brand in a mini-haul blog: you can read it by clicking here!
elf-make-up-2
This week I decided to do my bestie Tina's make-up using all of the E.L.F products I brought so that I could show you what they are like in action! Now unfortunately not everything I used was E.L.F as I stuck with Tina's own foundation (she uses Studio Fix by MAC) so that it matched her skin colour and also I have yet to purchase E.L.F. eyeshadow or lipstick so I used a the Naked palette by urban Decay and rimmel lipstick.
The ELF Products that I Used:
photo
Review in previous blog:
  • E.L.F Infused face Primer
  • E.L.F. Gel Liner
  • E.L.F 3-in-1 Mascara
  • E.L.F Translucent HD powder
  • E.L.F Setting spray

Not in Previous Blog(NEW)
  • E.L.F Tapered Blush Brush
  • E.L.F Contour and Blush Duo (ST.Lucia)
  • E.L.F Highlighter: PINKTASTIC #20703

Completed Look: 
TINA BLOG-001NEW
Personally I think Tina looks BE-AU-TIFUL SO If you also Like the above look keep reading to learn how to achieve this :) 
The Steps:
1) I primed Tina's entire face with the E.L.F Mineral infused face Primer-I made sure to cover the eye lids and T-Zone (Forehead, nose, chin). The primer provides the perfect base for make-up.
images (1)
2) I added a light coloured (almost white) concealer  to her under eye area and blended this in.
3) Next I used Tina's own foundation (Studio fix by Mac in NC35) and a large stippling brush (any makeup brush and your own foundation will do). This is where it gets interesting: The reason Tina wanted me to do her make-up is because in general she uses a lot of foundation where as I use the smallest amount (one squirt/drop for the entire face)-She wanted to see what it would be like to wear less product so we used one drop for the entire face. I stippled the foundation gently all over Tina's face and kept a little bit as spare for blending later.
images (3)
4) I then used a Yellow based concealer by Revlon under the eyes down the bridge of the nose and on the forehead and I left this to cook (sit) on the skin.
The Kim K Concealer trick
The Kim K Concealer trick
5) I used a dark cream foundation, much darker than Tina's skin tone, as a contour below the cheek bones, on the temples, forehead next to hair line, and on both sides of the nose and again left this to cook.
6) I then moved on to the eyes.. I lined both water lines with a regular black eyeliner (I used Urban Decay 24hours).
images (5)
7) I created a contour in the crease of her eyelids (where #3 is in above diagram) using Naked from the Naked one palette and blended this in.
8) I also went below her bottom lash line with naked and Smog.
9) I placed a mixture of Virgin & Sin on the tear duct and on the eye brow brow bone below the eyebrow arch as a highlight. (#1 and #2 in diagram)
10) I then used half baked from the tear duct to the centre of the lid: placing lighter shimmer colours in this area of the eye will make the eye appear bigger. (#4 on diagram)
11) from the middle to the outside corner I blended the half baked (#4 area) into Smog mixed with dark horse (#4 area going into #5)and finally Hustle as the outside triangular corner(#5).
12) I then lined underneath the bottom lash line with hustle also (but only on the outside corner #5).
Colours in naked1! Please note if you don't have this palette you can always make do with similar colours you own yourself!x
Naked-Urban-Decay-2
13) using E.L.F. again I used a small angle brush and the gel liner to give a thick black line above lashes. This was thickets on the outside corer and tapered in to the tear duct to give a cat eye effect.
To create the wing I used a straight piece of card and lined it upwards from Tina's bottom lashes: using the card as a stencil to get the required flick. Once I had established the length I wanted for the flick I was able to simply fill this in adding to that cat eye effect! I also brought the gel liner gently across the bottom lashes.
Imagine the tape used here was a card-you can use either as long as you have a clean straight edge
14) for a more dramatic effect I went over the liner with black eyeshadow- I used Blackout form Naked2 which is a matt black colour. I also concentrated this on the outside V and blended it out. (#5 on diagram)
15) Once the shadow and liner were blended and as desired I curled the lashes and applied the 3-in-1 mascara to the bottom and top lashes.
933928_704340849592014_1962809957_n (1)new2
16) Now it was time to clean up any fall out (using a q-tip) and then I blended all of the concealer and contouring that I applied earlier together. I used a fluffy brush and the excess foundation that I had saved.
17) The look was now coming together! I used the Glo Minerals kit to fill in Tina's brows: I only filled them in the smallest bit as Tina has quite thick brows and blonde hair. I used a very thin angle brush to do this, the dark brown colour in the glo minerals kit and also the gel to hold the brows in place.
18) I then Used the elf contour and blush duo and the ELF tappered blush brush... I used the tappered end to contour and asked Tina to suck in her cheeks (make a duck face).  I very lightly contoured where I had placed the dark cream foundation earlier- her cheek bones, temples, forehead near hair line and the sides of the nose. Once I had done the contouring I used the flat side of the blush and the pink colour in the duo to add blush to the cheeks: I added the blush to the apple of the cheeks and just above where I had contoured her cheek bones.
images (1)
images (7)














Where to place blush depends on face shape
19) Now it was time to highlight! I used the other side of the blush brush and PINKTASTIC powder highlighter by ELF. I gently placed this on top of the cheek bones on the centre of the apples of the cheeks, down the bridge of the nose, below the eyebrow and on the cupids bow of Tina's lips.
images (2)
20) I lined the lips with a nude liner, used a nude-brown lipstick (Rimmel Kate Moss #08) and a lip plum lipgloss by sally handson.
21) I finished the whole face with ELF HD finishing powder and sprayed ELF setting spray all over the make-up to give it staying power.
1098212_704339529592146_1270883719_n
I was very happy with how it turned out and Tina told me she felt more confident than ever!x
To read my haul and the low-down on the individual ELF products used to create this look just click here!
Catch up with me: 
Just a quick catch-up I've been busy on set of music videos, Enrique Iglesias and Chris Brown Ft Nicki Minaj this week and also at the Playboy mansion-I attended my first night time party at the mansion: Mid Summers Nights Dream: I was very excited to be there as a guest of Hef and Crystals when tickets to this party can cost hundreds to thousands of dollars! = I'm a lucky girl! I'm LOVING life right now! When I'm home I'm sure I'll blog about my summer but for now keep up to date with me on FACEBOOKTWITTERKEEK and INSTAGRAM! :)
561235_569810996391671_327080827_n1098136_624246614265644_2014078723_n554912_570894949616609_1132252829_n1002354_624592324231073_1191131141_n
998549_569400999766004_682347461_n
Lots of Love, 
Shahira Xo
logo2
If your company would like a review or specific blog-post on a product, treatment, service or any other item to appear on www.shahirabarry.com email info@shahirabarry.com with the details.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig