Monday 23 April 2012

She's so Big-Headed

Hello :)


This blog has been inspired by a comment that was made to a friend of mine recently from another friend about not putting her hand on her hips in photos on her facebook because she comes across "big-headed" and nobody likes that and in turn won't like her... This is crazy to me! Firstly I would question the sincerity of a "friend" who would say this to me if I was in her situation.


What I told her when I heard this was:
The amount of times I have heard that people have called me 'big-headed' is ridiculous but I simply don't care about the people who think that... they are not real friends and they are insignificant in my life and that she should try to feel the same.

Firstly for anyone who is interested in modelling-if you are learning how to pose for the camera (and lets face it there is nobody who wants to look bad in a photo) the first thing you will be told(-as it is the easiest step to learn and develop from) is to put your hand on your hip-it immediately makes you look slimmer and taller and it also makes you pull up-right and stand straight. Lately this pose has gotten a lot of slack from people calling it the "Tea-Pot" etc... so people have picked up alternatives to this pose but the main trick is still the same and that is to keep negative space between your arm and body and this can also be done in a suttal way without directly doing the hand on hip pose.


In both of the above pictures; Rihanna and Ciara are keeping a negative space/gap between their body and arm: This works in the same way as the hand on the hip for making you look slimmer.

Also if you are interested in modelling one of the first things I would tell you is...It is NOT for you if you are going to care about comments such as "big-headed"-This comes with the territory and mostly from people who don't know anything about the industry. I would also say it is not for you if you are the type of person who will call others big-headed as you will be mixing with loads of other models and believe it or not their job is to be well-groomed and confident-especially in front of the camera!

 Personally I don't see "big-headed" as an insult-I choose to judge my opinion on a person based on one simple thing... If they are nice or if they are not... If someone is nice to me I like them, if they aren't, I won't be a big fan but chances are I won't think about them again as long as they are not directly affecting my life in some way. Other things that would turn me off a person would be-A racist attitude: If I see/hear any form of racism my impression of them will go down the drain greatly! How they treat (and their general attitude) towards others and how they treat animals. Other than that I don't see any good reason not to like someone.

Why would anyone care if someone feels confident in themselves? Would you really prefer for someone to feel down in themselves? the way I see it is: we live one life and we are never going to be anyone else!you have to learn to be confident in yourself, flaunt and accentuate what you have-what you can!and to be happy with what you got-chase your dreams and live your life to the full! Don't regret what you didn't do: do it while you can. And if you are the person who is being called "big-headed" (or anything else for that matter) or spoken about behind your back-realise that the only reason is because the person talking or hating is insecure and their real issue is with themselves! Also don't listen to the negatives being mentioned by a person about another-they may well be one of these insecure negative people even if you don't realise it: get to know someone and make your own mind up based on how they treat YOU!


The only good reason not to like someone is whether they are a good human being or not. 

Lots of Love
Shahira xo
Share:

9 comments

  1. Makes me think of William Gibson:
    "Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, simply surrounded by assholes."

    I know quite a few big headed people.. and I can say that you Shahira are not one of them. Hard working? Yes. Motivated? Yes. Big headed? No.

    As to the hand on the hips? It originated because with a bent knee, it gives a graceful 'S' shape to the body, while pulling the arm off the body, helping to thin the arm and emphasis the waist. There's a reason you see it on the red carpet-stars know it works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Sean :) and I love that quote :)

      Delete
  2. totally agree. there's a major difference between big-headedness and confidence! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. exactly :) thanks for the comment Xo

      Delete
  3. the girl with justin bieber is Ciara! (pronounced see air ah) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha thank u :) didn't recognise her xo

      Delete
  4. You are so right so many times I've heard this being said about people in society pages which I know personally have massive hearts and have always been there for me in my career progression. I'm just going to let go of the drama and the people who create it X :D

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig