Tuesday 29 October 2013

Hollywood Smile :)

Hey Blog Readers! 
I'm off to Hollywood soon... (eeee so excited :) ) and when I think of Hollywood one of the things that comes to mind is that "Hollywood Smile"! As you know I had two veneers and white fillings (replacing old silver fillings) fitted just a couple of months ago by the wonderful Paul Moore in Gate clinic! You can read my blog post on that procedure by clicking here!
A perfected smile makes SUCH a difference! Just look at these before/after teeth makeover pictures of some well known celebrities:
420674_543044282400563_1221334800_n cheryl-cole-teeth
zac effron
321382_542997465738578_993690754_n images (4) famous_smiles_09
Below is a picture of my teeth since getting two veneers with gate clinic! Read my blog on this procedure to see before/after pics-Jut click here! :)
580452_481056601933778_2076735506_n
I am delighted with my improved smile and I wanted to celebrate both my smile and my trip to L.A. by having glowing white teeth! :) I noticed a poster in a local hotel that was advertising 'Brighter Smile Teeth Whitening'... I had used whitening trays before (which I got for my Debs in 2008!) but I had never had my teeth whitened by means of  a laser treatment/service...
Through online research I learnt that Brighter Smile professional laser Teeth Whitening is an easy, fast and non-invasive cosmetic treatment that produces immediate results! The specifically-formulated gel is used in conjunction with the Power Advanced laser light accelerator to remove stains that have built up over years in under one hour!! I was intrigued so I booked myself in for the treatment :)
562998_511064288931896_972885620_n
I arrived to my appointment at Tranquillity Spa and was greeted by a lovely lady with glowing white teeth!-So I knew I was in good hands! She was really friendly and gave me great information and insight into the procedure I would be having done.
The Brighter Smile teeth whitening treatment was developed in California-which means that even by association it is the perfect treatment for that Hollywood smile ;)

What is used to whiten the teeth:
The laser/light machine
They use the Beyond Polus chair-side whitening system , a scientifically advanced tooth whitening procedure which offers immediate results! Only one treatment is needed and the results last 18months!

The above teeth are not mine but an example 

The treatment process: 
The process is very straightforward. First a gel is applied to the teeth. The gel is then activated by a special UV blue light. The Treatment is approx 40 mins long.
For me the treatment itself was quick and easy-the time went a lot faster than I had thought it would and there was no pain except for a couple of very brief, and not too bad, sensitivity sensations which only lasted a second! The most difficult part of the treatment was simply having the mouth guard in to keep your mouth open and having to keep swallowing any saliva that built up... However it really wasn't that bad (as you can tell from my selfie, lol) and totally worth it! :)


Personally I believe that nice white teeth are really attractive and one of the main things I look for in a guy with regards to looks-Lets face it if you're going to be kissing then nobody wants to kiss somone who's teeth look like they haven't been looked after! Looking after your teeth is as important as showering regularly, lol.
This picture made me laugh...
couse-teeth-are-important_o_1309649
I think that girls are more inclined to care about their teeth..however it is just as important for men so I would recommend this treatment for both males and females! Especially if you have a big event coming up or something where you want to look your best!
1336016752469
Remember: 'Brighter Smile' offers special rates for brides and grooms as well as for group bookings and other special events!
58769_456569284381397_1998991419_n
 The Results... 

I am delighted with my white glowing smile thanks to Brighter Smile in tranquillity Athenry :)

Your Questions Answered:
Will my teeth feel sensitive afterwards?
Brighter Smiles said "The whitening gel's are specially formulated to reduce sensitivity therefore most people do not feel any sensitivity. We find that about 1 in 10 people will feel temporary sensitivity and this is something that would last, in a worst case senario for 24 hours afterwards."
images (5)
Is the process harmful to teeth?
No, the effect on teeth is no different to the effect from commonly ingested foods or regular dental procedures. The professional Teeth Whitening system has been proven to have no short or long term negative effects on the enamel of teeth, on the dentin of teeth or the gums. In fact it is specially formulated to improve general oral health, while whitening.
tooth-cartoon-vector
Who can't get their teeth whitened?
Although there is no known side effects, pregnant women or those under the age of 16 are not permitted to undergo the treatment.
images (6)download





Will the treatment whiten crowns, veneers or false teeth?
The gel will help remove all extrinsic staining from teeth, including false teeth. This means that your false teeth will be cleaned back to their original colour. If you are planning to have a crown, bridge, filling or false tooth, it is recommended that you first have your teeth whitened. Your dentist will then be able to match the shade of the false tooth to your new colour.
download (1)
What do I need to do after a teeth whitening treatment?
For 24 hours after treatment you must:
to-doimages (7)
  • Avoid any dark staining foods or drinks i.e. tea, coffee, red wine or cola.
  • Avoid dark foods like curry, anything that contains soy sauce, gravy, red meat or chocolate. Effectively anyhing that would stain a white shirt...
  • Not smoke tobacco.
  • Not use coloured toothpaste (red or blue) or mouthwash for 24 hours.
  • Food and drinks that may be consumed are as follows: chicken, fish, chips, potatoes, pasta and white sauces, cereals, milk, 7up and white wine.
I found not drinking tea for 24hours very difficult... TEA-Aholic ALERT ;) 
How white will my teeth go?
Tests prove that teeth score between 5 and 12 shades whiter. This is dependent on the type of staining and the mineral content contained within your teeth so results will therefore vary between individuals. Generally speaking, teeth will go as white as they can possibly naturally go.
images (8)
How long does it take?
In about 40 minutes, stains that have built up over years will magically disappear! And you will see immediate results, there is no waiting around for 2 or 3 weeks to see the results. As soon as you are finished with your treatment, you will look in the mirror to see your bright, white teeth. Brighter Smiles offer a full refund if you are not satisfied with the results.
money-back-guarantee
How long does the treatment last?
This changes from person to person and is dependent on your lifestyle, drinking red wine, tea, coffee and smoking cigarettes will restart the staining process. However the effects should usually last for at least two years.
images (9)
How much does the treatment cost?
images (10)
Full laser teeth whitening treatment- €159
Teeth will be 5-14 shades brighter in just 36mins
Great for smokers, coffee and tea lovers or someone who has never had a teeth whitening treatment done before.
Touch up treatment- €70
Teeth will be 3-5 shades brighter in just 20mins
Touch up treatment ideal for someone who has used teeth whitening treatments in the lasts 12-18 months.
Now THE BIG QUESTION...
How to book an appointment and how soon can I get one?
To book an appointment just call  091 875839 or make an enquiry by clicking here. The timing of your appointment is dependant on your own flexibility, which includes late night on Thursdays and they are also available on Saturdays!
book-an-appointment
I've joined 'Keek' come follow me I'm going to make lots of videos :)
Here's a keek video of me during my treatment...









images (1)
HAPPY SMILING!!!
Fun in the sun
Have a GREAT weekend! 
Lots of Love, 
Shahira Xo
logo2
If your company would like a review or specific blog-post on a product, treatment, service or any other item to appear on www.shahirabarry.com email info@shahirabarry.com with the details.


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig