Tuesday 29 October 2013

Catch up ;)

Hey Blog Readers! 
I hope everyone has had a good week!
So I'm back on Irish soil! ... (It feels a bit weird... )& Now that I am back I wish I had appreciated the Sun a bit more (especially during my last week in L.A) ! But I guess that's always the way!
I am still SO TIRED and Jet lagged so I'm looking forward to feeling back to normal and getting back in the swing of things! :)
For my last night in Los Angeles I headed out to a party in a Hollywood Hills Mansion with a couple of friends. I was invited by a casting director for Playboy who has become a friend of mine and I got to bring my mate, Tina, along. It was the perfect way to celebrate and wrap up the SHAMAZING Summer we had! :)
view from the house-wow
We met up with a few girls and got driven to the party-our choices of car were a BEAUTIFUL Rolls Royce and a huge blacked out escalade!- Both unreal cars by any standards! the group split up into the two cars and myself and Tina sat in the back of the escalade which meant Simply driving to the party was a laugh in itself! -I love driving around the hills, seeing all the amazing houses and the crazy views!
1175400_637082039648768_539266121_n 1187203_637082166315422_898144824_n
We had a great night with great people! However we couldn't stay too long because we had an early flight to catch Monday morning :'(
1235978_637082382982067_1526149152_n
BLOG
I left LA early Monday morning and it was a real stress getting to the airport=up late, late taxi, bag to heavy, stopped at customs because laptop in bag, re-pack bag, run for flight etc.. etc.. it was one thing after another! I was glad to finally sit on the plane. The first plane was LAX-Atlanta this is around five hours long and it wasn't too bad because I watched 'The Great Gatsby' which helped with a good chunk of the time! I was really impressed by the movie and liked it a lot! -It's definitely worth the watch and the sound track is particularly good!
The next flight was the long haul!! Atlanta all the way back to Ireland-we didn't arrive back in Dublin until Tuesday morning, next it was the journey back to Galway and Galway to Athenry! one night's sleep and back to Dublin for yesterday's interview with Ireland AM! followed by a journey back to Galway... so it is safe to say I am BEYOND tired and my body clock is messed-up! last night I didn't sleep until 4 in the morning and only managed 4hours sleep! Hopefully tonight will be a bit better and I can finally try to get my sleep pattern back to normal! :)
ANYHOW... 
IRELAND AM
fav1collage
Yesterday I did my first ever TV interview and it was live... so no pressure(lol!) It actually went surprisingly well!
I had been booked on it for weeks & I wasn't nervous at all.. UNTIL I was just about to go and then out of nowhere my heart started beating so fast.. luckily I was given 2/3 mins in the studio so I took a breath and got on with it! I just pretended I was chatting to a friend! The only thing that caught me a little was the very first question and the most simple question of all "tell us about yourself & your family background".. You'd think this would be an easy question to answer and straight forward but I found it a little difficult because I don't come from the easiest of backgrounds and grew-up without my dad in my life. In general I try to keep that to myself but I found myself a bit stuck in a corner. However, it is my background and I'm very much proud of where I come from because it shows I'm a hardworker and nothing was handed to me on a plate. I have had so many people writing to me saying that I encouraged them so that has truly put a smile on my face since doing the interview. Once we had bypassed that question I really settled into it and enjoyed being interviewed: I don't think I could have asked for it to have gone much better considering it was my first TV interview and live TV ain't easy ;)

I am delighted with IrelandAM and I hope to keep as busy as possible with modelling etc.. over the next few weeks and months!x! I'm really going to put the head down, focus and save!-(for heading back to LA in the near future ;) ).
A  Special Thank to Janis at Vanity X make-up for doing my make-up and hair for the interview and Stairway to beauty for doing my shellac nails! :)
My HD Brows were done by The Beauty Suite before the summer and have been easy to maintain! :)
fvfhjjh nails
Other news: 
In Other news the new video for Bone Thugs N Harmony ft TY dolla $ign "Everything One Hundred" came out today! I am so lucky that I got to be there & watch and experience legends in action making their come back video! :) They are pretty cool guys!

Shahira and Bone Thugs N Harmony member Lazie Bone

Bicycle Diaries Episode 5!
Shahira-Barry-Shot-by-Kaloopy029-700x466
I am also in the web series "Bicycle Diaries"! My episode is episode 5 and I had such a blast making this video! it was a while since I cycled a bike and I had most definitely never cycled a furry Yeti style Bike before! I got quite  a lot of looks as a result but it was all in good fun and it definitely kept in with the Venice Beach vibe! The shoot was for the BurningMan festival which is a huge festival in a cali desert!

Shahira-Barry-Shot-by-Kaloopy001-700x466 Shahira-Barry-Shot-by-Kaloopy007-700x466 Shahira-Barry-Shot-by-Kaloopy010-700x466 Shahira-Barry-Shot-by-Kaloopy025-700x466 Shahira-Barry-Shot-by-Kaloopy037-700x1022 Shahira-Barry-Shot-by-Kaloopy040 Shahira-Barry-Shot-by-Kaloopy043-700x466 Shahira-Barry-Shot-by-Kaloopy044 Shahira-Barry-Shot-by-Kaloopy045-700x466 Shahira-Barry-Shot-by-Kaloopy047-700x466

Thanks for stopping by! 
Have a GREAT Weekend! 
Lots of Love, 
Shahira Xo
logo2
If your company would like a review or specific blog-post on a product, treatment, service or any other item to appear on www.shahirabarry.com email info@shahirabarry.com with the details.


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig