Tuesday 29 October 2013

How to make your natural eye colour pop

Hey Blog Readers! 
images (1)
I want to tell you about a couple of tricks, that really work, for making your own natural eye colour pop ;)
Firstly lets start with the basics:
Sure you can wear coloured contact lenses for a dramatic eye but personally I'm not a fan-I think God got it right when he made each and every one of us and your natural eye colour is always the one that suites your complexion and simply suites YOU the best!  coloured contact lenses can look a bit crazy and over the top.
The most important thing is to know the eyeshadow colours that suite your eye colour and to keep these in mind when doing your make-up!
Here's a chart to help you figure it out if you are unaware of this:
eyeshadow
My eyes are a mixture of green/blue but I tend to go for colours that suite the green eye-like violet and purple or even an aqua colour.
7236_598979800125659_259804086_n
The trick is to select a colour that contrasts with your natural eye colour this will make your natural eye colour stand out and pop :)
1. Using a colour that contrast with your natural eye colour: Now, I know you are wondering “how would I know which colours to choose,” but the answer is in the colour wheel! All you have to do is locate your eye colour on the wheel, the colour directly across is the perfect colour for you!
Color_Wheel_hi_res.21153756
2. You can also use a bit of your natural eye colour, or a slightly darker version, to bring out the colour even more!
For example my eye colour is a bit aqua (a mixture of green and blue) so from time to time I'll include a bit of aqua along the bottom lash line or within the eye-shadow.
You can see this here where the wonderful Samantha Craughwell Make-up included an aqua colour in my eye makeup look for the below shot.




5357_549008921805212_1925678784_n

It is important to also consider your eye liner and mascara and don't just simply go for staple black all of the time!
here I used a green/blue eyeliner on the bottom water line and black on the top to make the lashes fuller
Brown Eyes:
Fear not people of the Middle East … Kim Kardashian earlier this month
Eyeshadow: navy and other blues and olive greens, plums and warm browns,
sparkling caramels and taupes, mahogany and charcoal
Eyeliner: dark brown, navy and other blues, charcoal gray or soft black
Mascara: brown/black and soft black
Dark Brown/Black Eyes:
Leighton-Meester-Cute-Smiling-Face-Closeup
Eyeshadow: navy blue, plums, and charcoals browns
Eyeliner: navy blue, deep plum, charcoal gray, deep black
Mascara: soft and deep black
Hazel Eyes:
rihannacg
Here depending on whether you want to highlight the green or blue
of hazel eyes, follow the above rules accordingly.
Green Eyes:
Jessica+Lowndes+Jessica+2

Eyeshadows: red/bronze and soft or deep purples and peaches, warm golden browns and taupes
Eyeliner: taupe, soft red-brown and some purples.
Mascara: brown or brownish black.
Blue Eyes:    
DeniseVasiFinalHoriz-13353851281

Eyeshadow: gold and golden browns, greys and slivers, warm browns and taupes and soft peaches and pinks.
Eyeliner: soft browns and taupes, navy blue and royal blue
Mascara: blue, brown and brow/black
There you have it! It's important to know what colour suites your eyes and to play off that to make your natural eye colour pop! 
THERE IS ONE LAST TRICK!
This trick is new to me but I am loving it! This week I spotted Ardell Colour Impact Lashes and I was intrigued to try them!
ardell color impact colored eyelashes
There are six different colours, and each is targeted toward specific eye colours!
The 110 styles come in green (suggested for hazel & brown eyes), wine (for blue, green and hazel eyes), and blue (for brown eyes).
ardell color impact colored eyelashes-3
The demi-wispies style come in wine (suggested for blue, green, and hazel eyes), blue (for brown eyes), and plum (for brown, hazel, and green eyes).
ardell color impact colored eyelashes-2
I don't like the concept of coloured mascara but these lashes are regular black lashes with a hint of colour in them so I was intrigued by this concept as it wouldn't be too noticeable or over the top!
I went for these...
Ardell5
and here is the result...
971361_618058081551164_2042908418_n
I included some plum/purple in my eyeshadow also to set the lashes off!
I am really impressed with these lashes the purple really brought out the green in my eyes and definitely made my eye colour pop! 
I would highly recommend! 
Here's a YouTube video I found to help you when using the colour wheel!
Thanks for stopping by!

Happy Eye-Popping ;) lol
Lots of Love, 
Shahira Xo
logo2
If your company would like a review or specific blog-post on a product, treatment, service or any other item to appear on www.shahirabarry.com email info@shahirabarry.com with the details.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig