Tuesday 29 October 2013

Elf Minnie Haul and review

Hey Blog Readers! 
on set with Enrique Iglesias 
I've been having such a busy past few days I can't catch up! so this week I am going to do a two part blog-today's blog is part one which is a simple haul on the Elf cosmetics that I brought and a bit about the EFL brand and then tomorrow  evening (Saturday) I will post part two which will be a make-up tutorial on my lovely friend Tina using the Elf cosmetics so drop by tomorrow to check that part out :)
images

You know we’re always on the hunt for a bargain, and e.l.f. cosmetics certainly fits under that category! E.l.f. is a makeup company that sells products through their online store and at local chemists. They're products are SO cheap & It’s hard to trust a makeup that’s so inexpensive, so you probably want to know, “Is the quality any good?”
Here's what I brought... 
1)  Mineral Infused Face Primer
Elf 2
Ok, I have to admit- when I saw it sitting there on the shelf I was a little bit skeptical, however, this primer is not only 'review-worthy' but 'face-worthy'!
It is very comparable with Smashbox's Original Face primer but much less expensive! Smashbox's primer is gorgeous and I love it's velvety feel but it retails in the €30 range... where as the E.L.F primer is $6.00 or around €8.00 ... BARGAIN! 
Both are clear in colour and go on with a jelly consistency but when you start to smooth either over your face it turns to the softest liquid satin feel which is sure to put a smile on your face :p :)
DSC00285
This beautiful little bargain goes on like a satin dream and fills in all the cracks & pores on your face to leave it gorgeous and foundation ready!
images (1)

The benefits of using this face primer:
  • You only need a small amount to cover a lot of ground. ;)
  • Your foundation will 'glide' on with a foundation brush and alleviates the 'pulling' and unnecessary 'tugging' of normal application without primer. Trust me, you'll notice a difference. It's best not to pull on your skin if possible. It helps to keep the wrinkles away.
  • Controls excess face oil.
  • Protects your skin.
  • Controls flaky & dry skin - or in other words- locks in moisture.
The E.L.F. primer is a dream and I would definitely recommend picking one up and trying it for yourself! 
2) Gel Liner
81157_900px_100011
Black gel liner: $3.00
Love it! For a cheap product the packaging is great! The only thing  I don't like is the brush... after one use I found the angle brush became stiff and too rough for my eyelid so I resorted to my original liner brush! I wouldn't fault the product on this though as the liner it'self is fantastic... it glides on easily and it lasts a really long time as it's waterproof! -what more could you want!! :)
photo (1)3new
I wore the liner all day on set and it didn't budge! It was inky, jet black and gave a lot more definition to the eye :)
images (2)dadfaw
3) 3-in-1 Mascara $6
tbp6507683_v0_l
I love the wand with the ball at the end and the big teeth. The longer portion of the wand separates my lashes and coats them without leaving any clumps. The ball at the end is perfert for gettng those tiny lashes in the corner of my eyes and making the outer corner lashes longer without having to clump on multiple coats.
images (3)
I normally go for fat brushes on mascara and this is definitely a lot skinnier than my norm but I am feeling it so far and I'm pleasantly surprised with my purchase!
4) Translucent Powder!
$T2eC16V,!)QE9s3HFd1jBRHqfSsuQw~~60_35
Because I'm in front of cameras a lot I love to use HD products as they help me to feel more "camera ready" and confident. In terms of translucent powders I have tried them all from MAC to Laura Mercier and all in between! This HD powder by E.L.F is, in my opinion, VERY, comparable with Make-up forever HD powder which is often used on photoshoots etc...
I loved the packaging with this product and the powder puff was lovely and soft on the skin!
Pros:
  • Cheap.
  • Smooth finish.
  • 8 grams means it will last me a long time.
  • Long lasting wear: this means the product will keep your make-up matte for a good 6 hours!
Cons:
  • Although I like the packaging it is quite messy: a lot of product comes out and perhaps the holes that allow the product through should be made smaller.
At $6.00 this products is  a great cheap alternative to high end brands!!! 
5) Setting Spray
images (4)
If you are a regular reader of my blog you would have recently seen my post about the Urban Decay setting spray "All Nighter" -which I love! If you haven't click here to read!
The Makeup Mist and Set spray by elf allows you to spray a fine mist over your makeup to give it a natural glow and hold the makeup all day.
I am still currently using my Urban Decay but my friend Tina took inspiration from my purchase when she saw this cheaper alternative and she decided to give it a go!
I haven't used it myself but it looks great on Tina and she feels it has made her make-up last longer and less powdery looking! -which can be difficult in Los Angeles Heat!
It seems to do the trick for her so I would say at $6 pick it up and see for yourself ;) 
elf-make-up-2
I went into a MAC store the other day and one of the male make-up artists complimented me on my make-up: he said he loved it, was I make-up artist and was it MAC I used... This was the day I had almost all E.L.F products on so I feel they withstood the "out in public test" prettttyyyy well ;)
I am very satisfied with my mini-haul :) and I can't wait to show you my full ELF make-over on Tina tomorrow!
Make sure to stop by tomorrow and check it out! 
Lots of Love, 
Shahira Xo
logo2
If your company would like a review or specific blog-post on a product, treatment, service or any other item to appear on www.shahirabarry.com email info@shahirabarry.com with the details.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig