Thursday 23 August 2012

A Victoria Secret Models Secret ;)

Please Note: Unfortunately this post was one of the blogs (pre.28th of July 2014) that suffered a 'Blogger' crash.. which saw all images vanishing! I have tried to replace the images from the crash as best as I can. However images of me with products etc.. may be lost as a result and therefore the images you see may not match the text(which is original and was not effected by the crash). My blog has therefore had to start fresh and all blogs starting from July 29th 2014 are correct with the appropriate, original and correct images but unfortunately the same can not be said for images lost in posts before this date. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. Shahira xo

Hey Blog Readers :) 

I thought I'd let you in on a FAB Beauty secret: one tub for all-from Hair-to-Skin!!! 


As used by Victoria Secret models-Gisele Bundchen, Miranda Kerr and Adriana Lima. Other famous faces included Tyra Banks, Jennifer Aniston, Valentina Zelyaeva (the face of Ralph Lauren) and Gwyneth Paltrow-To name but a few!!

Miracle Product... but why?
There are countless things you can do with this ONE product! Which by the way you can buy in your supermarket for 5/6e!!for a large jar!!

It is proven to:

  • Give a great shine to hair-by giving a deep conditioning treatment to each strand. 
  • It is also great for growing long thick hair-Many Indian woman swear by it.
  • Protects against dandruff, split-ends and premature greying!
  • Protects hair and skin from sun damage.
  • If applied to the skin it acts as a great moisturiser as well as prompting a clear complexion. 
  • It is also a brilliant body moisturiser for after a bath/shower and keeps your skin smooth and soft to the touch. 
  • Ideal for rough/dry/wrinkled skin or people who suffer from eczema.
  • Helps to cure fungal infections such as athletes foot!
  • Helps to prevent body odour!(lol) 
  • It is extremely high in antioxidants!
  • Regular application protects the skin from developing blemishes and spots caused by over exposure to sunlight!
  • You can use a dolop in the bath as a relaxing bath oil or in your face mask!
  • promotes weight loss-and can be used as an alternative to butter and other spreads as well as cooking oil.
  • It can also be used to remove eye makeup due to its oil base!-use with a damp cotton wool pad.
What is this Miracle Product???


Yes... COCONUT OIL!! 

If you're a follower of my blog you may have caught my post on Coconut Water-which is SUPER good for you and SO Yum and hydrating! If not click***here*** to read it. 

Basically the Coconut is a miracle product in itself-which not only smells and tastes delicious but it can also be used in many different ways as part of a beauty regime! But coconut oil is a new discovery of mine-and it will be staying in my life now forever!! It all started when I tried Pat Divilly's new health menu in Lynches cafe in Galway-I noticed there was a 'sweet treat' which was a coconut/almond biscuit: I LOVED it! I took a picture of the ingredients on the menu and went home and cooked a big batch (probably defeated the purpose of healthy-having so many but its still a healthy option and I was craving more!lol) I'll post another blog with the ingredients and cooking instructions for the healthy option biscuits-so keep an eye if you want to try them ;) anyway-one of the ingredients was coconut oil and at 5/6e I thought it was quite expensive for one ingredient! But my mum mentioned that she had heard you could use coconut oil as a hair mask etc... so when I got home and after I'd cook the biscuits (which were YUM) I googled how to use coconut oil and after some quick research I learnt about all the amazing things it can be used for!!

Victoria Secret Model, Miranda Kerr has been quoted saying: 
"I personally take four tablespoons of coconut oil per day, either on my salads, in my cooking or in my cups of green tea. I will not go a day without coconut oil"
This is because it promotes weight loss, glowing skin and hydrated hair!! 

I have started using it on my hair and it makes it SO shiny!! I've also used it to take off my makeup (it worked brilliantly), as a moisturiser (I found it left my skin silky and smooth!) AND as an After-Sun lotion (it cooled and soothed my skin straight away). 


How to use: 
When coconut is at room temperature it is solid-therefore spoon out a small amount (a little goes a long way) and rub in-between the palms of your hands-it will become an oil and you can begin to massage it through your hair (make sure to get an even coverage). I then combed the oil through my hair, put my hair in a plait and went to bed. The next day shampoo your hair as normal (I shampooed twice to make sure all the oil was out) but dont use conditioner (the oil is enough). The result is gorgeous shiny, glossy hair! 


***Please Note*** Be careful not to contaminate the jar of coconut oil-Use a clean spoon each time. 

I also use coconut oil on my skin-It was left soft and clear.

I'm never going back!-Its a simple, cost effective product that you can use for SO many things! I'm delighted with my discovery! 


Will you be trying it?

Let me know if you do :) 

Lots of Love, 
Shahira Xo












Share:

8 comments

  1. Hey Shahira, great post.

    Funny I just bought some coconut oil yesterday (adnittedly I prob be using it more for food than fashion ;) )

    Its brilliant stuff loaded with tonnes of antioxidants as you said and loads of healthy fats...

    Coconut milk is delicious too - have ya tried that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im not sure if I've tried cocnut milk.. I dont think I have mmm I'll give it ago-I love all things coconut :p

      Delete
  2. I'm going to give it a go being pregnant it might also be good for the bby. Where do I buy it Hun xxxxx :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it in Joyces in the healthy food section..It would be in the health food shops too I'm sure :) let me know how you get on :) xox

      Delete
  3. definitely buying it! gonna post this on my facebook too.. thanks shahira

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patricia-Glad you like it :) keep me posted on how you get on with it-hope you like it :) xox

      Delete
  4. I always use it for cooking I love it and it actually lasts for ages :)

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig