Thursday 29 May 2014

Behind The Scenes Photos and the Low down :)

Please Note: Unfortunately this post was one of the blogs (pre.28th of July 2014) that suffered a 'Blogger' crash.. which saw all images vanishing! I have tried to replace the images from the crash as best as I can. However images of me with products etc.. may be lost as a result and therefore the images you see may not match the text(which is original and was not effected by the crash). My blog has therefore had to start fresh and all blogs starting from July 29th 2014 are correct with the appropriate, original and correct images but unfortunately the same can not be said for images lost in posts before this date. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. Shahira xo

Hey Blog Readers!x


So it's no surprise to everyone that I do a lot of lingerie/swimwear shoots... The reason for that is because I'm 5'6 and not the required 5'8 for high fashion modelling.. I keep in shape & I'm curvy- I have boobs and a butt..so really almost since the beginning I've been placed in the 'glamour' box by some people... Personally I see glamour modelling as page three and topless modelling, and while I don't see anything at all wrong with that, I myself have never to date done any full frontal topless shoots so I definitely wouldn't call myself a 'glamour model'.. In fact I prefer not to categories myself in any aspect of my life - I'm just me!.. 
However, it really doesn't bother me what others see me as-I like to model full stop - be it swimsuit, lingerie, fashion or anything else I simply love modelling and that's why I do it! :) 
Anyhow, I'm working on a couple of different things at the moment.., lets just say I've a few things in the pipeline ;) and therefore I'm trying to make myself as versatile as possible! I'm putting in the work to get a wide range of new images with different forms of styling etc.. so I can show my work in many different lights! 

Last week I worked with my go-to and fav photographer: Sean Mc Cormack. I love working with Sean.. I've been working with him for years now (if you follow my blog or indeed any of my social media sites - Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.. you'll know that already) and he's become a good friend of mine so I feel we work very well together, we communicate well, and our images get better and better! :) 






I get so many mails on facebook from stylists, mua's (makeup artists), photographers and hairdressers but I find it difficult to keep up with facebook - it's a sea of names and once the message is gone down the list it's hard for me to troll through to find it again and I forget (FYI: best way of contact is email info@shahirabarry.com) but Stylist Aidan Judge had written to me a couple of times in the past and because he had worked with Sean before he stuck in my head so I asked him would he be interested in joining the team for last week's shoot and thankfully he was as he's amazing and it was a pleasure to work with him = My new buddy :)


Remember to give Aidan's styling facebook page a like by clicking here! 

Make-up was by Ally McGin - Ally works in Benefit and she's from Galway. I love working with new people and I had seen her work on facebook and thought it was awesome so it was a great fit! :) Ally was nice enough to invite me over to her house the morning of the shoot to have my make-up done. She was unable to attend the shoot as she had to rush to work in benefit so she's not in the behind the scenes pictures throughout this blog but here is a picture of the lovely Ally..

You can contact Ally on her facebook for makeup bookings. 


Lisa's Hair Emporium was my one stop shop for my hair for this shoot! Lisa also did my hair for the SMEDIA's a couple of months ago.. You can see pictures from that event by clicking here!  
and for a booking with Boudoir Girls before Christmas - See those pictures here! 
I know that I am in safe hands with Lisa, she is truly SHAMAZING with hair and I would highly recommend her for a cut colour or indeed styling! Plus it makes life so much nicer when you surround yourself with nice people and Lisa and indeed all of the people mentioned in this blog who I worked with on this shoot are genuinely lovely people who you can chat away to! 

Assisting Sean on the shoot was Patrick Lennon. It was my first time meeting Patrick but again he was a really nice guy who was easy to work with and I was really grateful for him coming along and helping Sean with the ins and outs of photography science - such as the reflector! :) lol. 
As always thank you to the full team on the day!x!


Have a great day!x!

Lots of Love, 
Shahira Xo 

If your company would like a review or specific blog-post on a product, treatment, service or any other item to appear on www.shahirabarry.com email info@shahirabarry.com with the details.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig