Wednesday 30 May 2012

Cheryl Cole: Steal her style; Primark

Another fashion Fix from Penneys: I just can't go in there without walking out with some goodies! :)

By now everyone has seen the vertical strip jeans and leggings that have taken over the fashion world lately-they definitely divide opinion but personally I LOVE them :)
If they were horizontal stripes I wouldn't be a fan as horizontal stripes make you look bigger and shorter but vertical stripes work wonders for doing just the opposite-Taller and Thinner ;) As I model but I'm not the required 5'8 (I'm 5'6) I'm always looking for ways to make me look that little bit taller (tip: high waisted jeans also elongate the legs).

The most recent Celeb to be spotted rocking the vertical stripes was Cheryl Cole...

I love this look on Cheryl although I think I would prefer if the jeans weren't flayered: Never the less she looks fab-as always!


You can get these similar fab stripped jeans in Penneys/Primark for 18e


The main criticism I've heard on the 'stripped jean look' is that they look like "prison pants" If you're one of the people who think this you can always avoid the black and white and go for an eye popping candy stripe colour-which Primark also have plenty of from Lilac to Mint Green-There's a colour to suite everyone's preference.

 

 

I went for the Pink and White stripped jean

They're cute, they're girly and they're fun; they remind me of candyfloss! As with all of the stripped jeans you can dress them up for a glamorous look with heels, dress down with a pair of flats or even give a rocky edge with a pair of converse-they're are really so many ways this look can we worn!

My next outfit inspiration came from Cheryl Cole's new music video 'Call My Name'



I'm sure everyone can agree that after a bit of a break from the lime-light Cheryl is back with a BANG and looking hotter than ever!-with new hair, new music and an edgier/funkier style!

Bright Colours and the floral print are hot for summer 2012 and Cheryl rocks this look in her new video:


I didn't go into Penney's looking to recreate her look but I spotted a few things along my way that made me think of the video and I couldn't help picking them up:


The recreated 'Cheryl look' from Primark is a little more like the above picture and Cheryl's recent performance of 'Call My Name' on 'The Voice'




Instead of Harman pants these trousers from Penneys are a little tighter and more flattering on the figure: 12e


They are made of light material and are 3/4 length (cropped at the calf) which makes them perfect for the summer season (especially with this lovely weather we've been getting).



Again I would wear these during the day with a cute plain T-Shirt: There are so many eye catching colours on the trousers that you don't need to go crazy on top if going for a casual day-time look.





However Colour clashing is in and that's where this little Crop Top also from Penneys comes in ;)

Penneys is full of these little crop tops at the moment!!7e! You can pick them up in a variety of colours and patterns. This orange crop top with Zebra detail caught my eye and I thought it would funk up the trouser and add to the 'Steal Her Style: Cheryl Cole' look so I went for this one! 

You could wear this during the day if it was hot out and you felt like a funky outfit: However I think i would be inclined to wear this on a night out and pair with heels.

A perfect heel for this outfit would be these limited edition Baroque wedges which are expected in Penneys/Primark stores this week!21e!


If you wanted to completely recreate Cheryl's look you could pair with these fab Leopard print boots that I've blogged on before-also from Penneys! 21e!
To finish the 'Cheryl' look off pair with a little pink waist coat, blazer or even a sleeveless blouse left open... like this one which is 11e also in PENNEYS!

I hope you have enjoyed this Cheryl Cole inspired fashion blog!

What do you think of the pieces mentioned? Are they something you'd wear? 

Is there any other particular celeb 'steal her look' you'd like me to try to recreate for cheap?

Lots of Love
Shahira Xo



Share:

2 comments

  1. I have been looking for a pair of striped jeans for ages... and now they're in penneys.. yay! Love Cheryl as well... great post! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw really glad you like it Aisling :) Yeah they're in and actually a great fit too: they're elastic based so they cling to your body shape perfect :) xx

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig