Saturday 7 December 2013

Strictly Come Dancing


Hey there!x!

So on Friday I took part in a Strictly Come Dancing for the Galway Rape Crisis center. The event itself was out in Cliffden and I'll get right to it-it was an absolute blast! I really enjoyed dancing and taking part!
I have always loved hiphop/modern dance but ballroom was completely new to me!
We started training a month before hand and while some of the rehearsals were stressful it all came together in the end!
My dance partner was John King. I actually went to school with John for a couple of years and at one point when we were kids we danced together in a Greece performance so it was funny to be paired together again. John took to dancing very easily so I was happy to be paired with him.

DK Fashion made my costumes and I loved them! I wore a tight, white, feathered dress with a chain choker detail for the Waltz and a BRIGHT, tasseled skirt and top for the cha cha! The tassels were so much fun to dance and shake my ass in ;) lol

Hedz Hair Salon in Cliffden did my hair for me :)

Here are the pictures...



















Myself and Laura who was also dancing in the Strictly :)


Above is myself and my Dance Partner, John, A big Thank You to John for being such a good sport and partner to dance with - I couldn't have asked for better :)
















Myself and John made the TOP5 - which I was pleasantly surprised at because the crowd (who could vote 50% of the vote: the other 50% was decided by judges) were mostly from Cliffden and were there to support people they knew so I didn't think we could get the votes. It was great that we did and I was over the moon!x!

I 100% believe that you can learn/do anything you set your mind to! and I thoroughly enjoyed learning how to Ballroom Dance!
Another point I'd like to add is that sometimes people can try to bring you down because you are trying something new or different. Often people like to put you in one category and when you break out of that category it makes them feel uncomfortable and they feel a need to try to belittle what you're doing. Don't listen to Negative Nancies - even if these people are disguised as "friends"! YOU have one life to live so just live it your way, rise to challenges and do whatever it is you want to do which helps you to ultimately grow as a person, be an individual and be the BEST YOU THAT YOU CAN BE! :)

A huge THANK YOU to Ferenc HanĂ³ from the Galway Dance Academy for giving his time to teach us to ballroom dance :) He is a brilliant teacher and I would definitely recommend him if you're interested in taking classes!

Again Thank You to DK Fashion and Hedz Hair Salon for my costumes and hair styling :)

I danced a Jive, ChaCha and Waltz - I'll post videos to my website channel later this week ;)

It was a very successful event for a worthy cause - The Rape Crisis Center! The rape crisis center is dedicated to providing a professional, caring and confidential counselling and support services for those in our community affected by sexual abuse and sexual violence. They also work towards ending cultural societal tolerance of sexual violence through advocacy, awareness raising and educational programmes.
GRCC is a great cause and it was a pleasure to take part!

Lots of Love, 
Shahira Xo
If your company would like a review or specific blog-post on a product, treatment, service or any other item to appear on www.shahirabarry.com email info@shahirabarry.com with the details.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig