Sunday 2 December 2012

The Sunday World - Darker Days

Hey Blog Readers!X!


If you've picked up today's Sunday World or spotted the press clipping on my facebook page you will know that today there is an exclusive on my role in Darker Days which is a Vampire TV series. The article is a lovely write-up and I am again flattered to be "dubbed the next Georgia Salpa"-In my eyes Georgia is absolutely gorgeous and she seems like a really nice person so that is definitely a great compliment: although I do insist I never want to be a "mini-me" of anyone-I'll always be me and Georgia will always be Georgia-There's only one of her and only one of me also ;) Darker Days Features myself, Danny Dyer from 'The Football Factory' and Mark Hutchinson (the main character). I play the main character's girlfriend... and filming begins in the new year. I'm filming in March and I'm really excited to give it a go ;) Twilight has caused a massive interest around Vampires and the Undead and I am super excited to see how Darker-Days will do given the same theme.
Anyone who knows me would know already that I'm a performing arts junky-I love anything connected with performing arts: singing, dancing, acting, stage work and TV-Basically I'm a "showbiz head". I've been in performing arts groups since I was little and I am definitely at my happiest when I'm on stage or doing anything connected with that avenue of my dreams. 
I absolutely love modelling and I will never ever give it up-but as a 'showbiz head' I see them all as being connected and basically I want to pursue them all!-Modelling, Singing, Dancing, Acting and TV :) ... YOLO! :)


The interview and Sunday World exclusive was set-up by the Darker Days production team and the journalist who interviewed me over the phone was called Phil and was actually from the UK-I have to say he must be one of the nicest journalists I've talked to to-date..he was just so lovely and easy going. It was very easy to chat a way to him and he was a pleasure to talk to. 

In terms of Playboy-No I haven't exactly said I'm not doing it. I have however completely ruled-out topless for the sake of topless so no you definitely won't be seeing me on page3 with no top on-Not that I would look down on that because as far as I'm concerned "to each their own" but just simply because of my love for performing arts-As it says in the article I would really hate for posing topless to close other doors for me... and simply I'm just not in to that side of things at all! However in my opinion Playboy is different all together-I love Playboy and maintain a great relationship with them: Just the other day I got a letter in the post from Hef..which I'm going to frame because who else can say that? :) It was such an honour to receive (especially in the days of emails/Texts when the only post that normally comes to the door are bills, lol). 

Since coming home from the mansion I have kept in touch with friends I've met there and myself and Hef's secretary have been emailing about me going back next year (hopefully around May). I just have to sort out a working visa first. Playboy is the biggest brand in the world and as a young girl from the West Coast of Ireland I think I would be completely stupid to rule-it-out altogether when opportunities like that don't come knocking everyday and as an Irish girl it's basically unheard of. It is not the end of my friendship with Playboy I will be back at the mansion hopefully by the summer and maybe one day in the future it could be an option but for the moment I am taking each day as it comes and seeing what opportunities present themselves to me. 

I spent 3days with the Playboy crew while I was in LA-two visits to the mansion and one day on a yacht cruising along the west coast-passing the amazing Santa Monica Pier, Venice Beach etc... I cannot say enough great things about the people I met and spent time with. I was at the peek of my happiness during my time in the states: I genuinely have never felt so happy in all my life-I was content, I felt I fit in, I felt at home and if I could move to Los Angeles in the morning I would. What i experienced (except for the one bad night out-my phone was stolen at a nightclub) was the land of dreams and opportunities and again as a showbiz head I can't imagine a place where I would fit in better. I love Ireland,-don't get me wrong, and I am so proud to be Irish but the Buzz of a huge city with so much going on just amazes me and I am dying to get back there! the weather is also simply perfect and beautiful!x
The mansion is even more beautiful in real life than it is on tv. I felt ridiculously lucky to have been invited! on my second visit (I think I was too distracted on the first, lol) I noticed the helicopters flying over-head and I asked why there was so many...the reply was people pay lots of money to fly over the grounds and look in to the fabulous estate... to think that people pay money just to fly over and there's me, a young girl from a small town in Ireland from an ordinary family without connections, lounging around in that wonderful estate simply amazed me!-I felt so blessed!! 
Sometimes in life (unfortunately) you come across "negative-nancies" who try to dampen a good thing..One person tried to take that feeling of being extremely blessed away from me by saying  publicly that I somehow paid my way in.. firstly what an insult, secondly it can't be done: you cannot pay your way into someones home(full stop). Yes possibly if you are rich (which I'm not) you may be able to pay into a big night-time party at the mansion (because it's rented by PR companies and not hosted by Playboy any longer) but no you cannot pay into a regular day there! If you could everyone would do it and the place would be packed!Also perhaps a danger to Hef and the girls who call the mansion their home. I was not at a large party at the mansion (I'd love to go to one-and I was invited when I was at a mansion to a night-time party the following week but I wasn't going to be in LA at the time) My visit was intimate and relaxed with no more than 15people there-who included Hef's nephew, Hef's brother, close friends etc...When I heard that bitterness it hurt my feelings because it felt like someone was trying to take an accomplishment a way from me (maybe not an accomplishment everyone would look up to but an accomplishment never the less). I am 21 I've been approached by the biggest brand in the world and I was invited to the most famous house in the world-not only that but I was allowed to bring a friend and experience it with her: I was simply blessed and extremely lucky!x!
I push "negative nancies" out of my life, ignore them and fill my bubble with Love and Positivity. I only care for positive people-which by the way I met so many of in America. The people were so encouraging, supportive and loving. If there is one thing I learnt from my visit to America it is that 'Successful people encourage others to be successful!'-This goes for all at Playboy, Akon, Akon's team etc... etc... Genuinely some of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.

As a final note: I am 21years old-the night is young, lol. I've had an absolutely amazing year and I am beyond excited to see what the next year will bring. I am grabbing opportunities with both hands but keeping a brain while doing so ;) (I wont take an opportunity where I feel I'm being taken advantage of or something not worth my while-I have sense). My role in Darker Days came from a very small role I played in a Galway based production called 'Undead'-You just never know where one small thing can lead you... One door definitely opens another and when it rains it pours ;)  I am such a believer of chasing your dreams, doing what feels right, living day by day, taking opportunities, only relying on yourself to make you happy and all while keeping a smart head on your shoulders. Be realistic but go with the fire in your belly and that gut feeling of what's right "Success isn't the key to Happiness. Happiness is the key to Success. If you love what you do You Will be Successful". 

Lots of Love, 
Shahira Xo

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig