Monday 22 October 2012

Life Magazine :)

Hey Blog Readers :)

I rarely publish my press clippings on this blog-and you can find them all by clicking here :) ... but I decided to post the lovely article written about me in Life Magazine with the Irish Independent yesterday.

First the content page had this picture: 
Shahira Barry-Life Magazine

Followed by a lovely article on page12: 

Shahira Barry Life Magazine

The pictures were by Sean McCormack, the makeup by Samantha Craughwell and the article read: 

"She parties in the Playboy Mansion and has been asked to pose naked, but this Galway girl wants to act instead: 
Hugh Hefner himself has invited her to join the troupe of woman who ornament the Playboy Mansion: The 21-year old model from Oranmore was invited into Hef's inner circle after a casting director from Playboy spotted her on a modelling website and invited her to cast for the magazine. She decided not to pose for the publication, but has now been to two parties at Hef's house and has an open invite from the Kingpin himself. 



She was going to be a Primary School Teacher before a tragic life event brought about a shift in her priorities: Shahira overhauled her career trajectory after her bestfriend died of meningitis in 2009. "Before that, I think I would have cared what people thought if I tried to do modelling," she says. "After my friend died, my perspective on life changed. I realised that life is so short; you've got to do what you want to do while you have the chance." Four months later, she signed up for a modelling course and soon after that she was signed by Assets. 



She's big in Bangladesh: Shahira inherited Bangladeshi genes from her grandfather on her mother's side, which accounts for her long dark hair and exotic looks. This also accounts for her growing following there-she's even been featured on the front of a Bangladeshi newspaper. "I guess the story of my visit to the Playboy Mansion had been picked up and was spreading through Bangladesh." she says "I can't read Bengali, but from the emails, the response has been extremely positive, which is very surprising considering Bangladesh is a conservative country".  



She'll only pose nude at such a time as she feels it won't be the thing that defines her: "Since I was a little girl I've wanted to be on stage. I love singing, dancing and acting," she says. She's recently been offered the chance to record her own single and opted to protect those new avenues at the expense of her glamour-modelling career. "Where would you go from there?"she says of going naked. "You've gone the furthest you can go in modelling, and nothing is left to the imagination any more". 



Her name means 'Famous' in Arabic: "My mom is not into showbiz or anything like that at all, and she always says if she knew what my name meant that she would have never called me it!" she says."



It was a lovely article and I'm very proud of it :)



What do you guys think of the pictures and my story? 



Lots of Love, 

Shahira Xo


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig