Monday 26 March 2012

Teenage/Spot prone skin

Heyyy Blog Readers :)

This Blog Post can be beneficial to Men and Woman, Girls and Boys ;) So don't turn away because you're male... there aren't any butterflies or rainbows here ;)haha

When I was a teenager I suffered from Oily skin which resulted in pimples on my forehead. This was before any of my friends had started getting spots and it made me really self conscious. Now a days my skin is generally very clear (I say generally because I am human ha and some days/weeks are better than others). At a young age I picked up a few treatments/products/solutions that really helped my skin and I keep them with me to this day :)

I thought I'd let you in on them... :)

Trick number one ;)
Read my blog on "Healthy Food=Healthy Skin" by clicking here :)

Trick Number 2:
A good Face wash is KEY!!
The single most important thing if you suffer from pimples or spots is a GOOD FACE WASH!! There are many face washes around and they claim to do miracle things-Believe me I did try nearly all of them!! But mainly you want something that won't be harsh on your skin. Don't worry about what it "smells like" or if it "tastes yummy"-That sounds silly but many face washes are marketed on their fragrance and other non-important things-in fact a face wash with a perfume is likely to irritate or make the skin worse!...therefore you want to keep it as natural as possible!
After experimenting with many different face washes I found my savior!... VICHY!


'Vichy Normaderm Deep Cleansing Gel' is, in my opinion, THE BEST face-wash on the market!
There is no big advertising campaign, designs or eye catching slogans with this one: simplicity works in it's favour and word of mouth, plus the fact that it really works, is what keeps it on the market and selling!

I SWEAR BY VICHY!


Vichy is an essential in my skin care routine still to this day! I've been using it since I was about 13years old and I never change. The only downfall is that Vichy retails for aprox 12.00euro which is on the expensive side for face wash. At times when I have been low on money I must admit I have picked up cheaper alternatives from Clearasil etc... But my skin has always worsened which brings me back to good old reliable Vichy :)

If you're a girl and you wear make-up, as with any face wash, I wouldn't recommend solely using a wash to take off the make-up: you will be left with panda eyes etc... instead use wipes (suitable for your skin type) or preferably make-up remover to physically take the make-up off the face and then wash with Vichy to clean and clear the pores.
If you're a guy you can simple wash with Vichy and it should be enough.. as long as you don't wear make-up or play in muck? ;) haha

I wash my face with Vichy twice a day: When I first wake up and again at night before I go to bed :)

***Note***
Remember NEVER GO TO BED WITH YOUR MAKE-UP ON and leave your skin 'make-up free' as often as possible!

Trick 3:
Spot cream: Now spot cream can be harsh and REALLY dry out the skin-so when using ensure you only apply it directly onto the pimple/spot and not all over your skin (Yes, I learned the hard way as a teenager putting it all over my face, including my neck, and breaking out in a TERRIBLE Rash :p haha #DefintelyNotSmart). Never the less when used correctly spot cream can be a real miracle worker and in some cases the spot can be almost vanished the next day with this great (but remember strong) cream...
Panoxyl 10!!!

Again BELIEVE ME I have tried my weight in spot creams and this is the spot cream to beat all spot creams!!;) haha.
I have used products from the doctor-prescribed products and honestly nothing has beaten this amazing product in terms of fighting spots!!
I wouldn't use this cream every day so it's not a part of my every day skin care routine but I always pull it out when I have a nasty surprise of a spot that I want to get rid of ASAP.
There are two options with this product=Ponoxyl 5 and Ponoxyl 10... Ponoxyl ten being the strongest! So it really depends on the extent of your skin problem which one you opt for.

How to use:
After cleansing your skin (with Vichy ;) ) and ensuring there is no residue or dirt left on your skin put a pea size amount onto a cotton stick and apply to the affected area. I normally put it on before I go to bed and than leave it on over night: washing it off in the morning.

Tip:
NEVER EVER pick spots! I know it can be tempting at times when they're sore an irritating but it really will just spread the infection and make it WORSE! Instead put some spot cream on!! and avoid touching it :)

There you have it... 3 simple tricks and a tip to fighting acne prone skin ;) I speak from experience and all of the above really work! So get on it ;)

If you have a 'spot trick' of your own that you'd like to share just comment below!
Did you find this Blog Post helpful???...
Would you be interested in knowing my full skin care routine??? info@shahiraonline.com

Lots of Love
Shahira Xo
Share:

2 comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig