Friday 28 February 2014

Easy Winged Eyeliner (Cat eye)

Please Note: Unfortunately this post was one of the blogs (pre.28th of July 2014) that suffered a 'Blogger' crash.. which saw all images vanishing! I have tried to replace the images from the crash as best as I can. However images of me with products etc.. may be lost as a result and therefore the images you see may not match the text(which is original and was not effected by the crash). My blog has therefore had to start fresh and all blogs starting from July 29th 2014 are correct with the appropriate, original and correct images but unfortunately the same can not be said for images lost in posts before this date. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. Shahira xo

Hey Blog readers!


 

My go-to make-up look involves a "cat eye" eyeliner flick which can at times be a bit tricky but I've learnt a few helpful tips along the way which have helped me to get this down in less than five minutes for both eyes! 

For the flick you will need:
1) sellotape 
2) a good liquid or gel eyeliner! 
3) if using gel you may need a thin brush - I find the best brush for this is a small, stiff, angled brush. 

I use Master Precise liquid eyeliner by Maybelline. I have used lots of other liners in the past but this is my favourite as it is extremely easy to work with and has a pointy precise tip which helps you to create a flawless flick, bottom and top liner, and inner liner, for that perfect cat eye every time. 
 

Please note: apologies in advance if you spot my messy brows in the step by step pictures - I am growing them out for my visit to the Beauty Suite in Tuam on Monday where I am getting my must have HD Brow treatment! :)


  1. Cut a piece of sellotape and lightly stick it to your face in a line from your bottom lashes to the edge of your eyebrow. 
  2. Use the edge of the tape as a guide for your flick. Lightly tracing a long the edge to the required length (depending on personal preference and how long you want your flick to be!
  3. Bring the liner from the top or middle section of the flick to the highest point of your lash line (in the center of your eye) Creating a sideways V-shape.
  4. Fill in the V with liner. 
  5. Lightly trace your top lash line sharply from the inside corner (tear duct) once again to the highest point of the lash line (joining the liner together).Start thin with the line and get thicker as you approach the middle and flick. 
  6. Go back over the line you've created and fix any mistakes. 
  7. Gently peel away the sellotape. 
  8. Connect the flick to the bottom lash line and draw a thin line on the bottom lashes as far as the half way point of your eye. 
  9. I usually apply a  white liner to the water line and top with mascara.
  10. Do the other eye :) 
You can add this liner look to a smokey or neutral eye or indeed wear it on it's own for a day-time look! either way it's a go-to of mine! and as you get practice you'll notice you don't need to use the sellotape so often but it is a handy way to ensure a flawless finish :) 


 

The above make-up look was done by Fiona Coyne at heaven scent and photographer Natalie Greer at Boudoir Girls. I loved this make-up look and again you can see a lovely liner flick :)


Will you try this technique? 

Happy cat-eyes :) 

Lots of Love, 

Shahira X







Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig