Friday 29 November 2013

The Spirit of Christmas

Please Note: Unfortunately this post was one of the blogs (pre.28th of July 2014) that suffered a 'Blogger' crash.. which saw all images vanishing! I have tried to replace the images from the crash as best as I can. However images of me with products etc.. may be lost as a result and therefore the images you see may not match the text(which is original and was not effected by the crash). My blog has therefore had to start fresh and all blogs starting from July 29th 2014 are correct with the appropriate, original and correct images but unfortunately the same can not be said for images lost in posts before this date. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. Shahira xo

Hey Blog Readers!

My buddy Sean Mc Cormack shared a status the other day that hit the nail on the head in terms of how I've been feeling lately so I thought I'd put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard??haha) and write about it!


Now I cropped the end because it's not the "copy and paste" "chain message" element that grabbed my attention (I hate chain messages and at first I didn't think this was one) but what is important is the real meaning behind the status which I believe is very powerful! 

It is easy to get caught-up in the Christmas market, 12 pubs of Christmas, presents, food, parties, glitz and glam but I really believe people need to step back and think about the real meaning of Christmas which is being kind to one another and showing true Christmas spirit!  
Me personally- I have a serious dislike for Christmas - This is for personal reasons but everything from the lights to the songs make me upset, lonely and depressed... Don't get me wrong at one time I was all for it too but now it seems to bring out the loneliness, memories and heartache.. You see, unlike any other time of the year, it is the exact same set up, with the exact same songs etc.. and it triggers sadness within me. This is not a feel sorry for me blog but the point I'm trying to make is that I am 100,000% sure that I am not the only one that feels this way at Christmas time and for many I'm sure it's a lot worse than on the scale that I feel it at.
I do realise that there is an element of showing-off to be done and it is nice to post wonderful, happy pictures all over the internet of what a great time your having with your family and friends at the market, on Christmas day, eating your Christmas dinner, showing your presents and I'm not saying that it's not acceptable to do that, we all do it now and then, and that's up to you, but what I'm trying to say is don't get lost in the falseness.. instead truly enjoy the moment and experience real moments!
Have a look at this.. it says a lot about how life has become and I am guilty too..



Facebook is a show! I know this more than anyone because I run my own public facebook page and obviously it's going to be promoting me (as a model) and my life but it generally only shows the ups and excludes the downs, Which I think can be said for the majority of social media: It is all a show and it really only scratches the surface of the human being behind it. This is why it's important to truly live and if you use social media - express your life through it but don't let it be your life! because if it is then you are not truly living and experiencing life in all its wonderful glory instead you're living in a made up world.
And If you are feeling down during the holidays, or any other time of year for that matter, and social media (or observing people in general) is making you feel like your life is inadequate then please remember  nobody's life is perfect, we all have our problems and if someone is portraying that their life is so great then it's false because life is a journey of ups and downs and nobody is excluded from this rule!

If you truly are having a fantastic time during the holidays, or any other time of the year- that's wonderful but take some time to think about people who may not be going through such a good patch and be appreciative that you are - feeling gratitude is one of the key steps in the secret to a good life.

Don't forget your Christmas Spirit!
Smile, be helpful and caring to strangers and loved ones - It just might change their day! Don't be dismissive!

Remember it's not about the money! 
We're living through hard times with our economy at the moment - don't waste money you don't have trying to "Keep up with the Kardashians" or simply the Joan's down the road. If you do have money to spend remember that not everyone is as fortunate as you are so don't rub it in, instead simply enjoy.
This goes for spending time with family/friends - Many people are very lonely, they may not have the social scene that you do -  so care for those people and extend a welcome hand, call in to an elderly person you know may be on their own, invite a friend around you think may be feeling down. Basically...
Show compassion towards fellow human beings - whether their life is 'great' or not. Add to their happiness and not to their despair. 




News:
My idea to blog every Friday originated because I was going to America, I knew I wouldn't have much time and I wanted to keep my blog readers up to date regularly but I have decided I am going to start blogging more (instead of simply once a week). There will always be a blog post on a Friday but You can find random posts during the week when I feel like it too :) I've downloaded an app to my phone so I can blog on the go :) So Make sure to drop by and see what's new - I also post all my blogs to my facebook page! so make sure you're following it to keep up to date xo

Lots of Love, 
Shahira Xo
If your company would like a review or specific blog-post on a product, treatment, service or any other item to appear on www.shahirabarry.com email info@shahirabarry.com with the details.

Share:

2 comments

  1. I agree totally with what you have said above Shahira. However I will not be re-posting that "chain letter" type post as I'm against such posts. However I will be carrying the spirit of what you have said above into my real life dealings with people. If everyone did that instead of re-posting stupid posts, feeling smug in the process and thinking they have done their bit, it would be a far better Christmas for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shahira, I would say that you have explained it well and there's no doubt about that. People have own worries of different kind and most of the the time they don't tell or express but still some occasions like christmas people need to forget their worries and enjoy the occasion.

    facials Melbourne

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig