Wednesday 7 November 2012

Supermacs Press Call

Hey Blog Readers :)

Firstly... Happy MO-vember!! 

Secondly...I am over the moon that my facebook 'Like' page is getting closer every day to 6,000 likes!-How cool :) thank you SO much to everyone who has visited and pressed 'like'-It's really appreciated! and If you haven't please do so by clicking here and then pressing the 'like' button :)
I am extra proud of my page because no advertising or page conversions were used-it's very easy to add the maximum number of friends to an ordinary page and then convert it to a like page but in my eyes it's kind of like cheating on a test... you don't see your own true progress so you're only really fooling yourself (if that makes sense :) lol). My page has grown significantly in the last few months (it hasn't even been set-up a year yet=February anniversary) and I am so grateful!x! here's to 2013 being even bigger and better!! and I may just have to hold a facebook 'give-away' when I reach 6k to celebrate :) 

Also keep an eye out for my new website which is coming very soon! (hopefully before Christmas)

AND Thirdly... 

Anyhow... This blog is not about that... It's about...

When I arrived home from the wonderful USA (LA & Vegas-eee still makes me smile: click here to see my blog on visiting the Playboy Mansion) I was booked on a job with Supermacs in Limerick! I actually wasn't quite sure what the job was when arriving (as with the nature of many press calls) I was just told to show up with white jeans and at a certain time at the specified location..Supermacs O'Connell street Limerick. I was delighted when I arrived and found out the job was actually for Supermacs itself in conjunction with 2FM! 
As everyone (Irish) knows Supermacs is an Irish fast-food chain that is loved up and down the country! It's managing director, Pat McDonagh, is (like myself) a Galway native! and he (also like myself) originally studied primary school teaching in Mary I (Mary Immaculate college) in Limerick. I feel that myself and pat have quite a lot in common due to those facts and I definitely admire is entrepreneurial skills in creating an extremely successful business.  I believe he is most definitely one of our country's most successful business men and that in its self is admirable. 

Will Leahy -RTE 2FM Radio presenter, Myself (Shahira Barry), Pat McDonagh - Managing director of Supermacs

Above is a collage I put together of the shots from the press call-Photos by Don Moloney/Press22

As you can see we had good fun shooting and a lot of laughs! I wore white jeans and the Supermacs T-shirt.

The purpose of the shoot: 
The shoot was to promote the announcement that Supermacs are now sponsoring 2fm's National Drive Time Radio Show 'The More Music Drive with Will Leahy'. With more then 119,000 listeners per week 'The More Music Drive with Will Leahy' is Ireland's leading light-entertainment drive time radio show and the new deal sees Supermacs engaging further with drive time radio listeners.  

Speaking on the announcement Pat McDonagh said “Supermac’s is delighted to sponsor and be associated with 2fm’s More Music Drive with Will Leahy.  Will is a much-admired broadcaster who brings fun, entertainment and great music to this often stressful time of day.”

I had a lot of fun shooting in Limerick and meeting Pat, Will, Don, Aine and the Supermacs Team and I hope to work with them again in the future!

What do you order when you eat in Supermacs??

Lots of Love, 
Shahira Xo














Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig