Wednesday 27 June 2012

BTS on Monday's Boat Race Shoot

AYy Ayyy ;)


On Monday I shot with a whole new team-The only person I had worked with once before was John (Gallagher) the photographer but saying that it had been awhile... :)
The team was:

  • Absolute Hair Studio (the hair love of my life, lol) did my hair in the morning.
  • 'Bare Your Beauty -Makeup By Katy' (Click the link to go to her page and give it a 'Like') 
  • Photographer John Gallagher
  • My mum, Yasmin, came along-she never comes on my shoots but she wanted to come on the boat :) lol. 
  • Pierce organised the Boat for us and brought us out to the Yacht in the middle of the bay. 
  • Glenn-The owner of the yacht. 
The theme was a press call for the Volvo Boat Race that's coming to G-G-Galway on Saturday ( Can't WAIT!) :) So sailor/Nautical theme. It was quick and easy to do-although between hair/makeup etc... I still didn't eat until 9 O'Clock :/ 

I wore:
  •  A blue and White Stripped Bikini with a Sailor Hat :)
  • A Sun Hat and black/white cover up
  • And a Gorgeous Peach/pink Bikini that was sent to me from @CristalloBras in the UK. I'm going to do a separate Blog on CristalloBras and this fab Swarovski Crystal bikini that is just SO CUTE! when I get the professional pics through :) I love it so much it deserves a separate blog post :) 

The Hair:

I called into Absolute Hair Studio for a Curly Blow Dry :) 


The Make-up:

Katy (the makeup artist) went to school with me so it was cool to work with her for something completely different to how we know each other-if that makes sense :P She's a really lovely, down-to-earth person so it wasn't nerve wrecking having a school friend there-as some may think it would be.
When I arrived I thought we were going to do my usual smoky eye and nude lip but Katy had an "nautical" idea of Blue and Yellow eyes with a Red lip... It sounds a bit 'out there' but I loved it!because it was different and it definitely suited the theme. I was a bit sceptical on having yellow on the eye because I had tried it before a long time ago for a night out and I wasn't too gone on it but she did a much better job than me and it blended really beautifully into the blue so I had no complaints :)



The Day:
After a busy day running around town-the traffic was terrible on the way in and out, searching for a nice sailor hat ;) and a big sun hat... #Props, Popping into Absolute for a curly Blow Dry and then out to Katy's house (which thankfully is only around the corner from Galway Bay Sailing Club) for make-up we headed down to meet John and Pierce at the harbour. Pierce has his own boat-which is so handy because it is one of his main methods of transport and he used it to jet out from Town to Oranmore to avoid the traffic and meet us: We piled into the boat and he took us out to Glenn's Yacht which was in the bay. Katy did the makeup Retouches and all that was to do was pop on the bikinis and pose for the pics... well that's what I thought... In fact I got harnessed to the boat and flung off the side, haha :) it was all in great fun though :) although I'd say I pulled a couple of funny faces in the pictures :) 

I loved being out on the boat-It's something I haven't really done before and the weather was nice for it,(thank god), which made it even more enjoyable :) I may be converted to the boating life style ;) 

Behind The Scenes Pictures: (I'll do a separate blog with the professionals when I get them)
 




 

 

 

 



And a BTS Video :)



That's all for tonight -so tired :) I'll post the professional pictures when I have them all :)


Lots of Love
Shahira Xo

Share:

2 comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig