Friday 19 June 2015

Everything happens for a reason???

Hey Blog Readers!

Random thoughts for you...

Do you ever look back at previous situations and just think as horrible as that was if that didn't happen to me, I didn't go through that, that person didn't treat me that way etc.. then I wouldn't be where I am today? I wouldn't have learnt what I now know and I wouldn't be the person I am...


I always believed that everything happened for a reason until I reached 18 and that's when I experienced my first real loss of a loved one.. that mind-frame can not possibly be put onto such a loss and it makes you question everything you believed before. So with the exception of loosing someone, horrible illnesses or accidents - take all of them out of the equation because I simply cannot include them. Lets just say when it comes to day to day life situations and experiences that you go through - whether bad or good I, at least, truly feel that they happen for a reason!

When you are in the middle of a negative situation it can be so hard to see beyond it, it can be so difficult to see what good will come of it.. but put it this way: think of something you went through; perhaps a fall out with friends: yes at the time it felt horrible but then a few months later look back at the situation - see where you are now and think would you be the same if that hadn't happened.. would you be in the same place? think of a relationship that went wrong and resulted in a nasty break-up.. would you have met the person you're now with? or if you have yet to meet someone would you have discovered yourself that little bit more the way you have - would you be who you are today?

Now I'm not saying that if you go around acting like a 'dick' and being nasty to your friends (for e.g.) (you being the cause of the fall out) that it's right to think "oh well everything happens for a reason, frig'apologizing, I'll learn from this in a few months" ha, no! if you think that's what I'm trying to say then you have me completely wrong! What I' trying to say is if you apply "everything happens for a reason" and think of situations where it has already come into play for you then life becomes easier and difficult situations become a little easier to handle. The pain is a lot less than if you didn't apply this idea and took a "woe is me" approach.


I have been thinking about this a lot lately... in terms of the things that have led me to this point in my life and the person who I am today! Granted I have not yet accomplished all of my goals or dreams or done everything in life that I have ever wanted to do (I'm in my early 20's how could I have). Even when I do accomplish current goals/dreams I'm sure new ones will be set and it will be a never ending task until the day I am no longer here on this earth (what a scary thought that is) but I am very confident in the fact that I feel I am on the right track and I am exactly where I should be for this moment in my life. There is something very comforting about that feeling. Don't get me wrong I am impatient at times and I think - I should be doing this that and the other, why hasn't this happened yet etc... but all I can do is trust that I am where I am supposed to be, that everything does happen for a reason and that my life is perfectly imperfect :)
YOU are also exactly where you should be! and if you feel you are not, you still are, even if it's simply the time to make you think this is not "where I want to be", to realise that, and decide to make a change in your life. If you are unhappy you can change it around and take your life in another direction whatever right now may be saying to you it is still this moment in your life that has made you discover what you need to know for the future and your past experiences that have molded you into the person you are right now and taught you the lessons you were destined to learn.


Food for thought :) 

Lots of love,
Shahira x
If your company would like a review or specific blog-post on a product, treatment, service or any other item to appear on www.shahirabarry.com email info@shahirabarry.com with the details.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig