Saturday 18 January 2014

Transform your eyes!

Please Note: Unfortunately this post was one of the blogs (pre.28th of July 2014) that suffered a 'Blogger' crash.. which saw all images vanishing! I have tried to replace the images from the crash as best as I can. However images of me with products etc.. may be lost as a result and therefore the images you see may not match the text(which is original and was not effected by the crash). My blog has therefore had to start fresh and all blogs starting from July 29th 2014 are correct with the appropriate, original and correct images but unfortunately the same can not be said for images lost in posts before this date. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. Shahira xo

Hey Blog Readers!

Apologies this blog post is a day late - woops :)

For today's post I wanted to tell you about a beauty treatment I had this week...
Eyelash extensions! 

My appointment was on Thursday morning with Monika's lashes in Euphoria Galway; Which is located above Matt O'Flaherty's chemist at the top of shop street so it's an easily accessibly location in Galway city center!
Semi-Permanent lashes are taking the beauty world by storm at the minute! Everyone wants that bright eye'd beautiful romantic look! 

Of course they have been a part of celeb life for a long time but now they are more widely available to us all :) 

My concerns... 
My concerns to begin with were that: 
1) semi-permanent eyelashes would damage my natural lashes...
2) I also worried about not being able to wear mascara with them or make-up that could cause the lashes to fall-off (such as gel eyeliner). I am a mascara addict so I thought this would be a downfall. 

A1) However, After some re-search of my own and discussion with Monika I learnt that they won't damage your natural lashes if they are applied by a professional (which Monika is-In fact she trains others in eyelash application) and also if you take care of them correctly your natural lashes often grown longer than before! 

A2) Once I saw the resulting lashes I realised that there truly is no need for mascara at all! Some Mascara on the bottom lashes is all that is required! 

The Process: 
The process itself can take up to two hours.. depending on the type of look you are going for. Obviously the more dramatic the longer it will take. There is no pain or discomfort what so ever! In fact I fell asleep during the application (embarrassing, lol). It's hard to have a morning appointment and spend a long period of time lying down with your eyes closed with relaxing music playing and not to fall asleep-in fact I found it virtually impossible! :) zZz!
These aren't my eyes-they are an example,
The Results... 
I could not be happier or more impressed with the results! I am converted and I can definitely see myself becoming an addict! 


After - No make-up on and my lashes look full and flirty while still remaining to look natural -Unlike strip lashes!


My favourite aspect of the lashes: 
You wake-up looking bright-eyed and glamorous! If you crash after a night-out you have no worries of waking-up with an eyelash stuck to your cheek!
I would have no problem wearing no make-up anywhere if I had my lashes done because they give your face an immediate pick-me-up and reduce the fatigue look which a busy schedule and lack of sleep can cause :) Zz!

The lashes with make-up... 
On Thursday night I went out because I was filming for CarbonTV. Doing my eye make-up with long lashes did take some getting used to as I didn't want to tug or pull at the lashes. The eye-shadow was fine but using liquid eyeliner along the lash line I found to be a bit of a challenge. Some product from the liquid liner went on my lashes and it was difficult to get it off as the liner was waterproof and I didn't want to apply any oil based products to the lashes. It worked-out fine but I am not going to use that liquid liner beside my lashes again and instead I will opt for a non-waterproof marker liner which will give me a more precise line when working around the lashes and should be easier to remove.
What I loved was that I didn't have a need for strip lashes! and I usually always wear strip lashes on a night out! My lashes looked glamorous and more natural and I didn't have to make the usual trips to the bathroom to ensure one side wasn't peeling off!-not a good look :)

I am SO happy with my lash extensions-they are wonderful! here's a screen shot of me recording CarbonTV which shows how full they look with make-up :)

How long do they last??
It's recommended that you get them topped-up every 4 weeks or so! the lashes can last 4-6weeks! Which is amazing if you consider how many packet lashes you could go threw in that amount of time!
I would say that these are especially ideal if you are going away on holidays or if you have a wedding, debs, birthday or any other special occasion coming up!

How much are they??

They would make a perfect Valentines gift or present for someone special!


I will keep you posted with weekly pictures of how mine have lasted! :)


To Book an appointment call Monika on 085 248 7390

Visit Monika's Lashes facebook page by clicking here!

In other news...

 if you missed CarbonTV from New Years eve in Carbon Night Club in Galway catch it below :)



Keep an eye on the carbon facebook page to catch CarbonTV from Thursday night- club goes beware... you're on camera ;) lol

HAPPY Lash Day :) 

Lots of Love, 
Shahira Xo
If your company would like a review or specific blog-post on a product, treatment, service or any other item to appear on www.shahirabarry.com email info@shahirabarry.com with the details.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig