Wednesday 23 January 2013

Perfecting my smile with Gate Clinic

Hey Blog Readers!x!

SO lately I have been perfecting my smile with Paul Moore in Gate Dental Clinic in Galway! :)



Now let me start by saying I realise that I am lucky as I did have good natural teeth to begin with and perhaps some people would say I didn't need work done. My teeth were straight and white: which is what most people look for and had I a different job that wasn't so much based on your looks/smile then I wouldn't have felt the need to mess with them but because of my job in modelling: I became increasingly aware of a problem I had.

When I was younger I had two teeth removed-One from either side of my mouth so that my teeth wouldn't over crowed and would remain straight. This solved the overcrowding problem but left me with two gaps at either side of my mouth-which became visible when I smiled. The more modelling I did=the more self-concious I became of giving a big smile and exposing these gaps so I decided to see if I could fix them.


Right side

Left

I met with Paul Moore-who is a great dentist in Gate Clinic (which is on Dock road in Galway) and I had a chat with him about what I could possibly do to perfect my smile and remove the two gaps.

We talked through my options and decided that two Cerec Veneers (On the canine teeth) would be the best solution. He could widen these to close the gaps and also even them out and have them match up with each other. Before the Veneers one of canines was noticeable more worn down and flat when compared to the other pointy canine.

Before

Using Cerec Cad Cam image and design Paul made the Veneers and fitted them during one visit to the clinic.  The porcelain Can is tinted to match the colour of the natural teeth and bonded onto the prepared tooth. It has a success rate of 95% over 20years!

My Veneers have a durable surface texture that matches my natural teeth perfectly! 

The Results!
I am so happy with my resulting smile-the gaps have all but vanished and I now have two pointy canines (I'm told it's a sign of youth ;) ) that are even and match-up perfectly with each-other and my central incisors. 
After-my teeth match eachother perfectly :) :)


Right hand-side

Left hand-side

The dentist can be a daunting place but the staff at Gate Clinic made me feel comfortable and relaxed. I knew I was in good hands and that I would love the results!

Once I was given the anaesthetic there was no pain and the process was very easy! 

I am still working on perfecting my smile with Gate Clinic as I have a couple of silver fillings that I am having removed and replaced with white fillings!-for that big cheesy grin :)

I am looking forward to doing a photoshoot that shows off my new improved, confident smile and I can't wait to show you guys!

I would recommend to anyone looking to get dental work done to visit Gate clinic-as they are the best and so professional! -You will love the results as much as I do :) 


Visit Gate Clinic on Facebook by clicking here! 

The website by clicking here! 

Or

Call (091) 547 592 to book an appointment/consultation! 

Lots of Love
Shahira Xo


Share:

2 comments

  1. Can't wait to get these done : 4 :P X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to my consultation. need to go in ASAP !! X

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig