Sunday 24 May 2015

5 of my favourite summer products

Hey Blog Readers! 

So during the summer time I like to be extra glowy and fresh faced - Especially now that I live in LA where it's super hot during the summer and the last thing I want is cakey-heavy makeup! Here are 5 of my favourite products for summer.

1) A white eyeliner: Smokey eyes are more of a winter thing for me so during the summer I love applying white eyeliner for a more natural and wide-eyed look. My favourite is 'Milk' by NYX and at $4.49/€4.00 you can't go wrong!


2) An illumination cream or good highlighter! Gerard Cosmetics BB+ Illumination cream! WOW! this product is BEAUTIFUL!x! You can use it in a variety of ways. It has an illuminating sparkly gold undertone which adds dimension and a youthful glow to any complexion. You can wear it alone as a regular BB creme, as a cream highlighter, a primer before you apply foundation or mix it in with your own foundation. BB creams are famous for their anti-aging, hydrating and brightening properties but this one has added illuminating particles that give a gorgeous glow and reflect your imperfections. I much prefer this over MAC's strobe creme which has the same idea behind it. I love to apply mine before a light layer of foundation and then again as a highlighter on my cheek bones. Coverage wise this product isn't the best to use on it's own but if your going for a "no makeup" yet beautiful look this can definitely be used on it's own - if not I would recommend using it along with foundation or tinted mosituriser. It really gives the "JLo" effect - gold, bold and beautiful!x!
 http://www.gerardcosmetics.com/ have the highest quality, fantastic products and code 'Barry' gives 25% off the entire site! :)

 

3) Mosituriser for hair and skin! Coconut oil... I've spoken about my love for coconut oil a million times on this blog and all year round it's important to keep your skin moisturized but I feel that in the summer months where there's so much more sun exposure it's extra important! and coconut oil is my favourite both as a body moisturiser and hair mask! It's natural, has an endless amount of benefits and it really works! plus you can pick it up at your local supermarket!

4) A gel manicure! Sally hansen miracle gel.. I use this nail varnish all year round - It's my fav! but it's extra handy during the summer for holidays etc.. as it lasts up to 2 weeks! it's really affordable and it comes in a gigantic array of colours! these nail varnishes are truly salon quality at home! pick out your favourite colour (or two ;) and grab a top coat and you're good to go!




5) A good Setting spray! I used to use Urban Decay 'all nighter' setting spray but recently I picked up a cheaper version in the NYX setting spray and I'm finding it to be just as good!
I like the 'matte' finish as it matifies your makeup, gets rid of any cakey-powder look and leaves your skin looking fresh and flawless while also setting your makeup to last all day! I never go to a set or on a night out without it!x!
 

I think it goes without saying a good SPF should also be worn daily especially during the summer months :)

Lots of Love, 
Shahira Xo
If your company would like a review or specific blog-post on a product, treatment, service or any other item to appear on www.shahirabarry.com email info@shahirabarry.com with the details.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig