Sunday 3 August 2014

I filmed a documentary + I got a new do ;)

Hey Blog Readers!x!


Hope everyone is well!

So About 3 weeks ago I was asked if I would be interested in doing a 56 minute documentary about my life, career, dreams/goals and my upcoming move to Los Angeles... Obviously because I model and I love showbiz I was interested in doing it but I did have some anxiety towards it because... amm.. well..I have never done anything like this before (though I do like a challenge), I have never had a show focused solely on me and my life before and I was asked to share my background story - which even though I am proud of where I come from is quite personal, emotional and raw... and although I am often an open book in my blog posts etc.. I wasn't sure about sharing that information at this stage with a public audience in a TV situation...
Anyway despite my hesitation I knew it wasn't something I could just turn down because that kind of Tv time will always be good for a career in showbiz and if nothing else it would be a fun experience.

How did filming go...

The filming was actually a lot more difficult than I had anticipated... We filmed day 1 in Galway last Friday and while it was a nice idea to film on the streets of Galway between the film fladh, arts festival and upcoming Galway races town was absolutely packed! there was no "quiet spot", lol. The idea was to film around the Spanish Arch, Long Walk, the Cathedral etc...  to give a very typical "Galway vibe" but the crowds were very hard to avoid... also just have a camera following you and you'll soon have people's attention, lol. We decided to film along the canal but again faced challenges including the crowds and the piping hot sun (it was the hottest day of the year so far :O ). I was absolutely ROASTING and found it hard to keep my eyes open or to concentrate with the sun belting down on top me but I tried my best to soldier on anyway :)
The majority of filming will take place in October in LA. Fingers crossed it all turns out well!!

What I wore...


Outfit:

My leggings were from Bohoo, my Hightops are River Island and my Tshirt was from Love online Fashion.ie and has also been worn by Cheryl Cole ;)


I love the outfit and each piece individually and I am sure I will get a lot of use out of it.. however it may have been the wrong outfit for the day that was in it because I was boiling over! it only dawned on me afterwards that black leggings and a thick material Tee may not have been the brightest idea for such a hot and humid day!

During the interview I was questioned about my outfit and told I have a 'Hip Hop' style... I do love hiphop and I guess my outfit choices wouldn't exactly be what you'd imagine a bikini/lingerie model to wear but in general I don't think my style fits a niche - I would see it as extremely versatile: I wear what I am feeling like in the moment and I'm not afraid to experiment and have fashion fails and misses as well as hits - I'm very laid back and I just go with the flow really: the funkier the better :)


Makeup:

I did my own make-up... I didn't have time to fit in a MUA but also because it was during the day I just wanted to keep it minimal (cough I'm not sure I achieved this because I had to keep reapplying due to the heat! lol). I did try out a pair of the new eylure lash range (Texture no117) that I picked up the other week (to read that blog click here!) and I loved them! they added the perfect amount of drama while still looking natural and subtle!
Spot on for me when it comes to lashes!


Hair:

I did get my hair done professionally - I was in bad need of a cut & colour and I had been putting it off because I wanted to leave it to as close as possible to leaving for LA... but when the filming came up I couldn't leave it any longer!
I got in touch with my hairdresser of the past few months - Lisa from Lisa's Hair Emporium but she was away on holidays so I didn't know where to look (it had been awhile since I had gotten my hair done anywhere else in Galway)... I put up a facebook status and a number of people suggested Renaissance and Sarah Mason who works at Renaissance. So I thought my hair would be in safe hands to book in with her. Also I had my hair styled fantastically by Renaissance once before for a cover shoot with Galway Now so I knew the staff were friendly and welcoming.

I booked in with Sarah and I was delighted I did! I love meeting new people and she was very friendly and warm plus she did an excellent job on my hair - She gave me a cut, colour and some waves!
The first thing that grabbed my attention once my hair was done was how shiny and healthy it looked - I also loved the side parted retro waves that she had created!
Sarah Mason Creative Hair Artist has worked on many shoots for TV and Publication and I would highly recommend her for your hair care needs! You HAVE to check out her page (just click here) to see her work in photos :)

Renaissance Galway is a very pleasant and friendly salon to visit - I caught up with the wonderful hairstylist Sinead Lee who had styled my hair for the Galway Now shoot I mentioned above, had a cup of tea, red some magazines, enjoyed a lovely head massage/shampoo on a reclining massage chair and even looked up at a painted on sky on the ceiling which I thought was very interesting and a nice little detail in the salon!
shahira barry
My hair after I got it done by Sarah :)
Watch this video below to see my makeup and hair from the day of filming (I filmed this video on the same day!) but do keep in mind that this video was taken very late in the evening - my hair/makeup hadn't been done since that morning and I had been running around in the absolute pelting heat all day long :)



Make sure to follow me on facebook/instagram/twitter and indeed here on my blog to keep up to date with further news on the documentary and just life in general! :)
shahira barry




And give a like on FB to Sarah Mason Creative Hair Artist and Renaissance Galway hair salon for hair inspo and up to date information on deals in the salon etc...

shahira barry 

Straight... 



Hope everyone had a fab Race Week! 
Lots of Love, 
Shahira Xo 
If your company would like a review or specific blog-post on a product, treatment, service or any other item to appear on www.shahirabarry.com 
email info@shahirabarry.com with the details.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig