Monday 27 July 2015

SO I got to work with the Kardashians!

Hey Blog Readers

So let me just begin by saying unfortunately due to nda(non-disclosure-agreement) I can't talk in any depth about the job or answer many questions so this blog will be short but on Friday I got to work along side the Kardashian/Jenners all day! 

As you all know this is not a celebrity gossip blog so that's not my intention at all with this post! But it was an exciting day for me because I have watched 'Keeping up with the Kardashian's' since the beginning! I am a fan of the show and I would definitely class the girls as some of my style icons - I love admiring both their fashion and beauty/hair/makeup! 

So why was I there? I was booked as kim's stand-in initially(stand-in is not to be confused with a body double-those girls have amazing bodies + kim is pregnant so they've no need for a body double but a stand in is someone who looks similar who "stands in" for set-up purposes to test everything before the celeb jumps in). I was very flattered and it was definitely a confidence boost because it came about the most bizarre way-I didn't apply or have an audition: I worked on a subway commercial over 4 months ago and one of the production members took my picture(as they take everyone's picture on set), thought I looked like a Kardashian, remembered me, and reached out to see if I would be interested! of course I was - if nothing else out of curiosity! My pictures were then sent off to 3 others to be approved and I was booked on the job! She actually didn't tell me who it was for until the day before the shoot so it was a nice surprise! and as a result I ended up standing in for all of the Kardashian/Jenner girls! 

What can I give away...
I guess what I can give away is what they gave away themselves on their Instagrams :) 
It was for a set of E! promo commercials. I am so sad that I won't get to keep/see any of the video/picture footage of me taken when I was standing in (well-jell) because the concept was so cool and the results looked amazing! This will be their best commercial yet!

Kris, Kylie, Kendall, Kourtney, Kim and Khloe were all there along with their glam squad and a large production group. WOW they are one beautiful family! I think they are actually better looking in person (not that they could be better looking but they look the same as they do on tv/in magazines, non-photoshop if that makes sense). I felt like they each bought there own individual personalities to the set and to the shoot (which is why KUWTK is so popular in the first place-you can always relate to someone in the family). Personality wise they were all the same as they are on TV which is refreshing! 

Here are some of their smedia posts from the day (I actually saw some of these selfies being taken - which is funny to think they then went on to get hundreds of thousands/millions of likes!)











 

What Did I learn? 
On most sets there is loads of junk food and you get so hungry you end up snacking(hellooo-I've put on 10pounds since moving to the US, lol) but on this set there was a guy with a tray bringing around small healthy snacks. I thought this was a great idea! as you were snacking but it was healthy and not too much-I had a little chicken salad, regular salad, fruit etc.. throughout the day as well as a beautifully catered full lunch. Eating healthy snacks regularly is a much better idea than becoming starving and indulging on sugar to lift your energy-I'll definitely take this on board. I also feel I learnt from watching each girl "bring it" for the camera! They each had their own way and individual style, their personalities came through but the over-all factor was confidence and just working it and going for it 100%! I feel like this will help me with my own shoots! I also learnt (which I knew already but many seem to question) that the Kardashian's are all extremely hardworking! They were on set about 10-12 hours the call time was 7am and they had a graduation party at their house the night before for Kendall and Kylie! I don't know about you guys but I think it shows a great work-ethic that both of the younger girls were there working hard and putting in the hours (I follow Kylie on snapchat and saw that she woke up at 6am) the day after their party! I don't think this would be done by many girls their age after a party night! I know I need my 8hours sleep just to function, lol! 

Why didn't I take any pictures? 
Basically I was on set to work and wanted to be professional. I liked the job and would like to do it again in the future and be re-booked (not that I forever want to be a "stand-in" but it was a fun,easy job, as random as it was). I also didn't know if they were going to post any pictures on social media of the day just yet or if they're makeup and what they were wearing was to remain confidential until the promos come out on E! so I didn't want to ask to take a selfie. Anyway, they were all super down to earth, as they are on the show! it felt so random to me as I felt like I knew them but obviously I had to take into consideration that they didn't know me and not start talking about there recent trip to Montanna or anything else I'd watched on the show!lol! 

Anyway, I had a lot of fun - it was great to meet them and I also got a good first-hand look at their make-up and hair (the important stuff, lol) so I may try to do a few inspired videos on my YouTube! So make sure to subscribe to stay updated! 


Lots of Love, 
Shahira Xo

If your company would like a review or specific blog-post on a product, treatment, service or any other item to appear on www.shahirabarry.com email info@shahirabarry.com with the details.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig