Monday 1 June 2015

Kendall & Kylie Topshop Collection = disappointment?

Hey Blog Readers! 



Sooo I was super excited when I heard that Kendall & Kylie Jenner were releasing a collection this summer with Topshop.. I was sure I would be in love with everything! After all I'm a big Kardashian/Jenner fan - I love both girls style and I love topshop so what would be not to like?? but I have to admit on first glance my reaction is purely "mehh!" I can't see myself running to TopShop at the Grove (the only TopShop I know of in LA) to pick up these pieces and that's with disappointment that I say that and not with any hate! They are both so incredibly successful, beautiful and stylish but for me I don't feel like this collection reflects that and what you'd expect from their pairing with such a cool clothing store such as TopShop...
In a statement released the pair were quoted as saying...
 "When working on the inspiration, we very much wanted to capture the essence of our own lifestyles and create pieces that would fit perfectly into our wardrobes," "We hope you have as much fun wearing the collection as we did designing it!" 
Personally I don't feel that this collection does reflect what we see the girls wearing in their amazing Instagram pics or on their show 'Keeping up with the Kardashians'. In my opinion Kylie is a lot cooler and hipper than these pieces reflect while Kendall is more chic... 
Judge for yourselves... 


















Now don't get me wrong.. I don't think that any of the pieces are ugly - they are all nice in general but for me they are not exciting or what I would have expected from the girls, especially the girls working with a cool, hip, young shop such as Topshop. In my opinion they are all pretty plain and too expensive for the every day person to be buying when there's nothing distinctive or different about them... To me they look like pieces that could have been brought in Primark (you all know I love Primark but you get what I'm trying to say). 
Anyway, there are two pieces that I would want to wear or at least try on from the collection and they are...
 
This white duster coat ($150)


And I'd also be interested in seeing what this floral jumpsuit looks like on.. (could be a hit or miss at $105) 

Look how cool and edgy kylie's style is in her personal life... 









 

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think that the Kendall/Kylie Topshop collection (apart from maybe the Duster coat) reflects Kylie's known gothic/edgy/cool style at all! In that case maybe it could be said that it looks like more of a reflection of Kendall's chic "model off duty" style... but even then it's not as fashion forward as we's expect from one of the world's top models of the moment.. Let's look at some of Kendall's personal style for comparison... 












Anyhow... not that it matters as I'm sure the die hard Kendall/Kylie fan's will still make all of the items in their collection fly off the shelves! But personally I would have expected more from these two young style icons. I don't feel that the collection we've seen so far captures and reflects their style as well as say the Michelle Keegan line with Lipsy reflects hers!

Let me know your thoughts... what do you think of the Kendall/Kylie collection with Topshop? What's your favourite/least favourite piece? and will you be making a purchase? :)

Lots of Love
Shahira Xo
If your company would like a review or specific blog-post on a product, treatment, service or any other item to appear on www.shahirabarry.com email info@shahirabarry.com with the details.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig