Wednesday 10 October 2012

Requested- What Foundation do I wear?

Hey Blog Readers :)

A question I get asked a lot is "What foundation do you use?" and after my purchase of a new foundation recently I decided to make a blog on it :)

I absolutely LOVE make-up forever (MUFE) and their HD foundation it's amazing!! I've been using it for a few years now! (I normally use shade 141)

HD is great because it gives High definition results!
HD cameras show up every pore on the skin so hd foundation is designed to make your skin appear flawless even on a hd camera-If it does this on camera then naturally your skin will look extra flawless in person ;)

It is used in 90% of my photoshoots:



As my day time foundation:

and Night time/going out:


...Basically I use it ALL the time!

The problem with it is it is BEYOND difficult to get! 
It is nowhere in Ireland-IT DRIVES ME CRAZY!! 

They used to stock it in Blush in Galway but they don't anymore and the Makeup Forever shop in Dublin seriously NEVER has it in stock! It has been an on-going problem for me for years now! 

So after I had scrapped the last remains of my loved foundation from the bottle with a cotton-swab and pleaded with Makeup Forever to get it in-I decided it was time to give-up (for the time-being at least) and invest in a new foundation... I knew which one I was going for straight away... 


A couple of months back I worked for Revlon and got to test out some of their foundations. I had been extremely impressed by their 'Photo-ready' range: which basically means those products are also designed for cameras. In fact I remember thinking their liquid photo ready foundation was very similar in texture, tone and coverage as my make-up forever hd foundation but being a granny stuck in my ways I wasn't willing to try out a new foundation. This time however I was left with no choice! 


Firstly: Price wise the Revlon is an absolute steal compared to the make-up forever! The hd MUFE is aprox 38e... while the Revlon photoready foundation retails for 19e!! AND has been reduced to 14e!!!! I'm not sure if this is a special offer or if it'll remain 14e-but either way pick it up fast!!!

Now with my MUFE HD foundation one major plus for it is a little goes a LONG way and one bottle would literally last me nearly a year! I use the smallest drop! I am on my first bottle of Photoready Revlon foundation so I'll have to keep you posted on how it matches up in terms of how long one bottle lasts. Both come in 30ml and both have a pump dispenser so hopefully the Revlon will last as long as the MUFE.

In terms of application-I don't see a dramatic difference between the two foundations. Revlon photoready is definitely standing-up well beside it's more expensive sister in my opinion. The coverage is as good and it gives a dewey-glowy look (Revlon contains shimmer particles which gives a beautiful affect to the skin). A little also goes a long way and I only use one drop for my entire face: I put this on the back of a clean cd and then use my foundation brush to mix it up a little before applying to my face.  
Both foundations give an airbrushed finish. 

There are a wide range of shades in the Revlon photoready foundation-I use the colour 'medium-beige' but obviously if you are investing make sure to match it to your skin tone! With foundation never go for a shade simply because someone else you know uses that shade-you wouldn't wear the wrong size shoes so don't get a foundation that doesn't match YOUR skin! ;) 

When I started secondary school I used "no12 PANSTICK"-it was a bad mistake!! Firstly it was wayyy to light for my skin tone: I used it simply because everyone else did and I hadn't learnt about foundation or make-up then and also it was like wall-paint!=It was ridiculously thick and I wouldn't have considered using a liquid at the time! (Craziness) seriously girls-my advice to any young girls who are experimenting with make-up is you can copy your friends on eye-shadow, eye-liner, lipgloss: anything else but not foundation shade! Also less is definitely more!Don't use too much! and avoid panstick or compact foundation-Elizabeth arden is also another love among young girls: which in my opinion is way too thick-You dont need it-you're young! Use a liquid or light foundation... if you have blemishes or something that you want to cover completely then use a cream concealer to cover these areas. Personally I keep foundation to a minimum but I like to concentrate on the eyes and make them the emphasis-not how much foundation I'm wearing :) lol


Revlon Photoready foundation is oil and fragrance free-This is a major plus as it won't cause breakouts: Oily products can often block pores and added fragrances are unnecessary and can cause skin irritation. Panchromatic pigments bend and reflect light which minimises the appearance of flaws. It also has spf of 20 to protect the skin against the sun: An spf is a great plus in a foundation:. The skin on the face is subject to sun damage more then any other part of the body as it is on show 365 days a year! The MUFE hd foundation does not contain a SPF (points to Revlon there). 

While I still love the MUFE Hd foundation-and I may one day use it again: if it is stocked near me...  I am seriously happy and loving the Revlon version which is around 3times cheaper than it's MUFE comparison!! A BARGAIN!!! :) 

Revlon has a great range of colours-8 different shades: one to match all skin tones!-so your bound to find your perfect match!  

Will you be picking up a Revlon Photoready bargain??


Lots of Love, 
Shahira Xo





Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig